Entered the USA on a B1 B2 visa at 3yrs, still illegal at 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entered the USA on a B1 B2 visa at 3yrs, still illegal at 17

At age 3 and a half a child came with his mother on a visitor's visa, was given 6 months; but overstayed and is now 17 years. He has a tax Identification number for tax purposes only, His mother paid federal and state taxes for the past five years. She was a recipient of the 2000 lottery, but the 96 law prevented her from pursuing, and no lawyer wanted to take the case. This child is in good moral conduct, plays music for his church, but is so stressed. I am sure that only God is keeping him. He is planning to go to college, should he pursue, or just give up, because he cannot work in this country.

At age 3 and a half a child came with his mother on a visitor's visa, was given 6 months; but overstayed and is now 17 years. He has a tax Identification number for tax purposes only, His mother paid federal and state taxes for the past five years. She was a recipient of the 2000 lottery, but the 96 law prevented her from pursuing, and no lawyer wanted to take the case. This child is in good moral conduct, plays music for his church, but is so stressed. I am sure that only God is keeping him. He is planning to go to college, should he pursue, or just give up, because he cannot work in this country.

Comment

One is now in legal H1 status. But in the past
      one has worked illegally for 3 years. Will one green card I-485 application (employment based) be rejected? Anyone with any opinion?
      thanks

Comment

Working...
      X