X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Some may have been. But many were not. Not a surpise. It still leaves the question wide open. Where are the moderates etc. on this? Don't they realize silence is casting a yes vote? This raises another question. What is a moderate? Is it someone who follows the true nature of the faith? Or is it like the fair weather Christian who goes to church on Sunday but was raising hell Saturday night? If there are any moderates out there, say something. People want to know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You might want to ask Mike that question.

What you do not understand is asking or demanding Moderate Muslims to take sides based on relgion is not the proper way to go. To them, it is considered a family affair, not a political one.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    I guess you missed the point. Understandable if you can't view it from the other end.

Neither I nor most people believe Islam is actually a terror based faith. That is a given, I hope. The issue is the significant part of that faith that has turned it into the present day madness that it is. If the majority are made continuasely aware of the actions of those and our disgust of it something may be done.

It will require action from within the confines of the faith itself. That is the only way to stop it. We as a western society can not. We will always be the outsider, untrusted, un whatever. Easily portrayed as the enemy by those orchestrating the terrorism.

Holding out an olive branch to a gun barrel will only get you shot. This isn't politics or economy. This is about an interpretation of God. There is no political solution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    For the record, it was you who wanted to associate the number of terrorist groups to religious organizations, it was you who inferred that only Muslims used children in their attacks, it was you who implied that Islam is not a religion of peace, and thus condemned all Muslim irregardless whether they belong to a terrorist group or not.

As for the terrorist organizations, the motives and supreme goal is based more on political ideology than religious doctrine. The motiff or justification is the use of religion, nothing more. That is why one of the first steps is to minimize any religious connection and the only way to gain some trust in the devastated communities in Iraq, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc. But what you are doing, fortunately or unfortunately, has very nasty unintended consequences. What you are doing is guaranteeing that continued mistrust, that affirmation of being an outsider. This is where my argument has been all along Davdah.

continue to post these types of comments Davdah will only get more US troops killed or wounded all because of what you said instead of what you did not say.

Leave a comment:

• JermCool
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There were videos showing the glee as told in the times. Can't deny that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I can and I will. Those videos were debunked as having been set up by the cameraman.

Leave a comment:

• JermCool
    replied
    You posted an EDITORIAL! This is not a proper article. It's an opinion piece!

And if the NY Times is "respectable" then I'm changing my name to Nancy and going to work at a burlesque show on Freemont Street.

Edit:
    CHARLES KURZMAN is a Sociologist who works for the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. Not a student.

Leave a comment:

• whiteUSCNeedsHelp
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JermCool:
    Tell me THESE aren't condemnations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is some kid at the university who has posted the quotes. For all we know, he made this sh.it up. Give me a source that is a newspaper or some well known media to believe it. I have posted an article from NY times which is a well recognized and respected organization in USA, not some university kid posting thing on his/her personal website.

Leave a comment:

• JermCool
    replied
    Tell me THESE aren't condemnations.

Leave a comment:

• whiteUSCNeedsHelp
    replied
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/21/books/chapters/0121-1...ou.html?pagewanted=1

At the same time, however, Americans were startled by the reaction to 9/11 from certain quarters of the Muslim world. "Allah has answered our prayers" declared the Palestinian weekly Al-Risala in its September 13, 2001, issue. The Egyptian newspaper Al-Maydan noted that when the news broke that the towers were hit, "Millions of us shouted in joy." There were celebrations in Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, and Jordan. Even in London, some Muslims rejoiced and Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed preached a sermon in his mosque calling September 11 "a towering day in history" and hailing the "magnificent 19" for what they did. In many parts of the Muslim world, Osama bin Laden became an instant sensation for having hit America where it hurt. Americans who hoped that these reactions were grotesquely aberrant, and expected them to be strongly repudiated by the rest of the Muslim world, found these hopes disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    It is not a question what they said was true or not, but it is a question of what you are portraying them as. The portrayal, that hatred, can be transposed into something from what you said into something for action. Case in point was the Danish cartoons.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    Good, because SunTzu has nothing to do with this. Tell that to the victim's families. Tell them to feel tolerance and acceptance. What a load of garbage. We're not talking about moderates or pacifists here. These are the extremist. There is no negotiating with them.

By exposing the truth it hardens everyone's resolve against that group, including the moderates. It may even lead them to action to put a stop to it from within. Every act should be publicized for the world to see, not hidden. Not exposing the truth lends credibility to their cause and undermines the victims plight. So easy to spout this nonsense when it isn't you, isn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    For the third time, you are not exposing the truth to anyone here or yourselves, just posting phrases that can be misinterpreted and pictures that will only infuriate moderate Muslims.

Choosing words carefully shows that your carelessness is unintentionally helping the terrorists. Taht was the point Davdah.

And invoking the families, you are not doing them a bit of good by becoming an accessory to terrorism.

Leave a comment:

• MakeItRight!
    replied
    JC Is Still On The Team! He Speaks Of Real Life Experience. Many Of This World TRAPPED!!! Follow What Is Bread Into Them. TAKES TIME!!! . Sometimes Experience Is The Only True Answer!

I Have Muslim Friends. Dedicated! Yet Questioning Self As They Travel In This New World Of Deciet and Unsureness!

Leave a comment:

• JermCool
    replied
    Intolerance of any form annoys the living piss out of me. Be it racial, religious, whatever.

I served with Arab Muslims. These guys could smoke me on the PT test any day of the week. They worked just as hard - if not harder than any anyone else in our company.

Odds are, they probably felt they had to prove something because of this kind of intolerance.

They would march with us during the day and at night, they would say their prayers toward Mecca. But it was cool with us because we all wore the same uniform.

Leave a comment:

• whiteUSCNeedsHelp
    replied
    JC you

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    JC, you're not developing a bit of a man-crush, are you?

Leave a comment:

• JermCool
    replied
    Hudson, you've just redeemed yourself a bit.

Also, bonus points for invoking Sun Tzu.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    I disagree. Its nothing more than common knowledge. No crime in that. It doesn't egg them on either. If anything it tells them what we think of their stupidity. Perhaps it may persuade them to question the virtue of their cause. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Anytime I hear or read the phrase, "its common knowledge," I know this only comes from ignorant, fake as Mike would call it, people. The postings are nothing more than propoganda tools for these organizations to persuade or recruit moderate Muslims into not trusting Western ideals, Western motives, or Western philosophy. However, to defeat terrorism, or at least marginalize it, we must accomplish three areas:
    1) Entrust the help of Moderate Muslims. This is what you and WUSC have failed to do completely when Mike said, "as a real Muslim my self this bull**** has nothing to do with the real Islam. just created by fake people who knows nothing about the real islam and just to cause troubles." What you are doing is marginalizing a large segment of Muslim that you disparately need.

2) Teach religious tolerance. Again, a complete failure on you and WUSC's part.

3) And encourage education. The more educated the general public about the world around them as well as their own community, terrorists groups would have lost the psychological war.

What you are doing is allowing those groups to use your posting for their own benefit. congratulations, you failed the teachings of the Ancient Art of War by Sun Tzu.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation