Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which document to use as a proof to work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which document to use as a proof to work?

I am asking this question for a friend -
    His H1-B has two more years and his wife just became a citizen. She filed for his green card. When he recieves the employment card,which document does his employer need to have to show that he is legally working here - suppose he works for the same employer?

His H1-B has two more years and his wife just became a citizen. She filed for his green card. When he recieves the employment card,which document does his employer need to have to show that he is legally working here - suppose he works for the same employer?

Comment

what I Know a proof of employment is...

his income statement , a letter from his company
      stating that he works there, and his income tax.

Comment

I guess what he wants to know is if the new work permit overwrites the H1-B.

Comment

OMG!!! Not Another Friend Of The Friend Thing!!!
          Others Can Castrate My Words As Desired, Yet The Hypothetical Direction of the OP Always Tends To Lead to You Know Where!!!!

We Want It and Will Do Whatever it Takes To Get It!!! Please Tell Us How To Proceed? We Can Be, and Do, What Is Necessary????

"""Suppose he works for the same employer????"""
          SUPPOSE! SUPPOSE! SUPPOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hypothetical Deceit! Sure Hope A THANK YOU Is Part Of "THE END"!
          USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smeagolrocks:
            His H1-B has two more years and his wife just became a citizen. She filed for his green card. When he recieves the employment card,which document does his employer need to have to show that he is legally working here - suppose he works for the same employer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            Hello Smeagolrocks,
            He can show his EAD to his current employer, but it would not change anything at his current job. If the H-1B visa holder loses his job and fins another employer, then the EAD will be the only employment document that he would show, other than his SS card. Hope this helps.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
            X