SSecurity issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSecurity issues

If i am abroad for a number of months - can I still get social security? How do I go about doing so. I am a greencard holder.

Thank you

If i am abroad for a number of months - can I still get social security? How do I go about doing so. I am a greencard holder.

Thank you

Comment

What is number of months you are out of the country. Why did not you apply for SS card before you leave the country.

Comment

JohnDoe,

I am a permanent resident who just returned to USA after being abroad for 8 1/2 months. They gave me a hard time at POE. I know about the 12 months rule and to apply for re-entry permit if it is going to be more then that... but don't know what one may need and present at POE if stays outside between 6 and 12 months. I asked immigration officer at POE, but got no answer.
        So, I guess, one can lose GC for being outside USA for too long. How long is too long? Have no idea.

Comment

My wife cleared Immigration at Miami two months ago and they warned her not to leave the country for more than 6 months at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X