Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa issue please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H1B Visa issue please help.

    I have H1B visa from company A,but I want to join company B who is willing to apply for H1.And I can not transfer my H1B visa at the moment.
    I have a BS degree from US,I would like to know
    *whether company B has to wait till April 1st to apply?
    *Once they have applied when can I start working for them?do I have to wait till Octomber 1st?
    Waiting for the replies.
    Thanks in advance

  • #2
    I have H1B visa from company A,but I want to join company B who is willing to apply for H1.And I can not transfer my H1B visa at the moment.
    I have a BS degree from US,I would like to know
    *whether company B has to wait till April 1st to apply?
    *Once they have applied when can I start working for them?do I have to wait till Octomber 1st?
    Waiting for the replies.
    Thanks in advance

    Comment


    • #3
      Company B can apply whenever they want. But since the H1 allocation has already been reached, they won't get any decision until the start of the next fiscal year.
      If you insist on working with Company B under their H1 (as opposed of transferring your existing one), then you can't work for them until their H1 has been approved.

      Comment


      • #4
        ear
        You do not have to wait until April 1st. Company B can apply on your behave. The day company B applies, you can start working for them right away. You do not have to wait to hear from the USCIS. Also, the USCIS does not too long to reply to H1B transfer and it is not related to the H1B cab.

        Comment


        • #5
          Why did you say you can not transfer the H?

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for answering my question.
            I have worked only couple of days for the company.And I do not have two pay stabs to transfer H1B visa(as I have heard you have to have 2 pay tabs to transfer).
            I would like to know if the other company applied for me can work for them right away.
            Thank you

            Comment


            • #7
              You do have to "report" to Company A but there is not set time that you have to work for Company A before you can transfer to company B. Common (these days uncommon) courtesy dictates you give them at least 2 weeks notice before you leave.

              You can not start at company B until after they have filed their own H petition on your behalf. YOU SHOULD NOT START until after they get the reciept notice for this petition as this is required for the I-9.

              Comment


              • #8
                You can find jobs in New York from www.nycsalary.com

                Comment

                Working...
                X