Citizenship Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Process

I have been a permanent resident for 4 years now, and have been living in the US since then. I want to go back to my home country for a year now, but can visit every 3 months. Can I still apply for citizenship by the end of 2007 or do I have to come back and stay an additional year in order to file for citizenship.
    Also can I apply after completing 4.5 years?
    Please let me know.

I have been a permanent resident for 4 years now, and have been living in the US since then. I want to go back to my home country for a year now, but can visit every 3 months. Can I still apply for citizenship by the end of 2007 or do I have to come back and stay an additional year in order to file for citizenship.
    Also can I apply after completing 4.5 years?
    Please let me know.

Comment

you can apply 90 days before the 5 years.
      read page 26 on this: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476_English.pdf

Comment

If you leave the country more than 180 days (6 months aprox.) then, you will have to count from day 1 again. If you come back within 6 months and then go back and come back again within 6 months then, you should be fine applying by end of 4 years and 9 months from the day you first got your greencard.

Hope this clears.

Chris

Comment

So even though i wont have a job in the US or a residence.. I can still apply for my citizenship?
          Also when i visit every 4 to 6 months does my stay have to be for a certain amount of days or can i just come for a week and leave?

Comment

Working...
          X