Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i leave New York now?

Hi all,

i need your advice. Filed my petition thru marriage to USC in July 15, 2002 at New York city, filed sent to Missouri for processing and haven't heard back. Current i-485 processing in NYC is July 22, 2002.

My question is, can i leave New York now and go to Florida? My husband moved there couple of months ago and we're both tired of the waiting game for this interview. Since we have all the proofs (taxes, etc..) that we stayed in New York for the past 3 years, is it possible for me to leave and go back for the interview? We have no problem with the mail because we know the owners of the house and they will let us know once the letter arives. Its been stressful the past few months and even if the website says they i am within the processing time, theres no guarantee that i will be called in for interview. We are so fed up! On the other hand, is there a problem if i file my EAD two weeks before it expires?

thanks a lot you guys!

Hi all,

i need your advice. Filed my petition thru marriage to USC in July 15, 2002 at New York city, filed sent to Missouri for processing and haven't heard back. Current i-485 processing in NYC is July 22, 2002.

My question is, can i leave New York now and go to Florida? My husband moved there couple of months ago and we're both tired of the waiting game for this interview. Since we have all the proofs (taxes, etc..) that we stayed in New York for the past 3 years, is it possible for me to leave and go back for the interview? We have no problem with the mail because we know the owners of the house and they will let us know once the letter arives. Its been stressful the past few months and even if the website says they i am within the processing time, theres no guarantee that i will be called in for interview. We are so fed up! On the other hand, is there a problem if i file my EAD two weeks before it expires?

thanks a lot you guys!

Comment

can someone pls. help? thanks....

Comment

Your best bet is to go to Florida and file a change of address form. If you have an interview now and your spouse is living in FL and you are living in NY it wont look good.

Comment

Another option is to re-file the I-485 with NYC. If you re-file, it will be part of the pilot program and processed in approximately 90 days. They will have to match up your old file with the new file but it might be worth the expense and hassle just to have the whole thing over and done with.

Here's the timeline of a recent filer at NYC (yes, I know it is not fair that these newbies leap frog people that have been waiting for years like yourself):

05/24/04 - Married to a US Citizen!
          06/19/04 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to NYC
          06/21/04 - NYC received package
          07/01/04 - NOA's received from MSC
          07/17/04 - Biometrics
          08/03/04 - AOS Appointment letter received
          09/20/04 - AOS appointment - approved
          11/08/04 - Greencard received

Comment

NO. You willbe stopped at the Florida border and be deported. You must obey our laws or get out !!!!

Comment

Michael,

please don't treat everyone as stupid. Thanks.

Comment

bronzelady,

thanks. If i file for a change of address form, does it mean that i have to re-file in Florida or I have the address in Florida yet go to NEw York for interview with the same application and priority date?

Comment

Working...
                X