Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GETTING DIVORCED WITH MY......

HELLO,
    I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO REGARDING MY SITUATION HERE.

I MARRIED MY HUSABAND WHEN HE WAS NOT LEGALL HERE. WE WENT FOR INTERVIEW ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO AND HE NEVER RECIEVED A RESPONSE. WE WENT THERE YET THEY SAY ITS STILL IN PROCCESS ANYWAY I AM GETTING A DIVORCE AND NEED TO GO ON WELFARE.

WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW IS DOES THIS AFFECT HIM GETTING A GREENCARD AND/OR IS THERE A WAY I CAN PREVENT HIM FROM GETTING ONE.

WE HAD A CO SPONSER WHEN WE WENT FOR INTERVIEW.

THANK YOU

HELLO,
    I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO REGARDING MY SITUATION HERE.

I MARRIED MY HUSABAND WHEN HE WAS NOT LEGALL HERE. WE WENT FOR INTERVIEW ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO AND HE NEVER RECIEVED A RESPONSE. WE WENT THERE YET THEY SAY ITS STILL IN PROCCESS ANYWAY I AM GETTING A DIVORCE AND NEED TO GO ON WELFARE.

WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW IS DOES THIS AFFECT HIM GETTING A GREENCARD AND/OR IS THERE A WAY I CAN PREVENT HIM FROM GETTING ONE.

WE HAD A CO SPONSER WHEN WE WENT FOR INTERVIEW.

THANK YOU

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamuda:
      </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      After a divorce, he can't adjust status/ become permanent resident, if he applied for residency as a spouse of USC/PR.
      You are free to withdraw your sponsorship for his GC at any time.
      He is free to find another way to stay in the USA and evetualy get GC. You can't prevent that.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
        Can't he self petition I-751 after divorce? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        That's for removing the conditions on GC. My understanding (and answer) is that he hasn't the GC yet (hasn't adjusted status).

Comment

SORRY GUYS....BTU I DON'T THINK I EXPLAINED MYSELF CORRECTLY.

I WAS NOT HIS SPONSER...WE HAD A CO SPONSER...SOMEONE HE KNOWS.

HE DIDN'T GET HIS GC AND IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW...

I AM NOT HIS SPONSER....SO MY QUESTION IS THIS....

IF I DIVORCE HIM WHILE HE IS STILL IN ADJUST OF STATUS AND I NEED TO GO ON WELFARE...COULD HE NOT GET HIS GC??????

LET ME ALSO TELL U THAT HE WAS ONCED ARRESTED BY IMMIRAGTION AND WAS TO BE DEPORTED IF IT WASN;T ME THAT MARRIED HIM...

OH AND YES HE HAVE ONE ADDORABLE 2 YR OLD BOY

Comment

if he applied for adjustment of status (GC) based on your marriage, you are his principal sponsor for GC.

Comment

SO IS THERE A WAY THAT I CAN PREVENT HIM FROM GETTING HIS GC ??????

Comment

Since English is not your primary language there might be a misunderstanding here. It sounds like you want to stop him frome getting a Green Card. Correct?

Comment

Hamuda,

Why are you divorcing him and why do you need to go on welfare? Aren't you able to work? Perhaps more information will allow others to assist. Aneri is a very good resource as are others here.

Comment

Revenge in whatever form, as it's always done with malicious intent, doesn't solve anything. Being so, this thread needs not be glorified any further.

Comment

Ok guys I tried making my story short but I guess I am gonna make it long...... here goes.....

I met a guy who I thought loved me...we didn't get all that along yet I was love blind (as they say)...
                      anyway he was ilegal when I met him and about 3 years ago he went with some friends to texsas and was caught from immirgation that do check points and they saw that he was illegal so they arrested him. he had 1 call to make and he called me....anyway I post bail on him for 10,000$ so they wouldn't deport him..we came back to new york and got married...we hired a lawyer to handle his case....we did change of venue i think...its when we asked to see a judge in new york not in texsas....anyway the lawyer filled all the papers and we got an interview about a year later...in the mean time he got his s.s and working papers.....

Now since then i was already pregnant and wasn't working and even if i did i didn't make enough to be a sponser so we had a friend of his dad be a co-sponser for us/him....so basically his dads friend is the co-sponser...
                      my husband works and get good money yet he doesnt pay taxes and he's not on the books.

2 years went buy and he didn't get an answer regarding hid GC.

ever since the interview he stared becoming a different person...he became more mean he emotinally abuses him and basically i had enough....i gave birth and stayed home to take care of my baby...now my son is 2 yrs old and i just started to work but I will need to get help because with day care, car, rent, food,insuranses, i wont be able to do it....

now what i wanted to know is that once i go to get a divorce and go on welfare will it affect him getting his gc and/or is there a way I can prevent that from happening...
                      no I don't want him to get his gc because i feel that thats what he wanted all along from me.

will the immigration see that i will be living of welfare or divorced after having an interview with them affect him getting his gc.

I hope that i made myself a little more clearer...

thanks

Comment

??????????

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
                          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamuda:
                          </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          After a divorce, he can't adjust status/ become permanent resident, if he applied for residency as a spouse of USC/PR.
                          You are free to withdraw your sponsorship for his GC at any time.
                          He is free to find another way to stay in the USA and evetualy get GC. You can't prevent that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not realy sure what more you are looking for?

Make an info-pass apointment with the local USCIS office, go there, tell them you wish to witdraw your petition (sponsorship) for your husband, forms I-130 and I-864. They'll give you a form to sign. Have his A# or case number, or any other document from which they can identify the case.

The above is a better way, but you may also send a letter to USCIS with all the info mentioned.

or you may ask a lawyer to do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X