Social security number not valid for employment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social security number not valid for employment

I have a friend who has been in the us for many years and has a SS# that says not valid for employment without immigration authoraziation.
    What would happen if he uses the SS# to work on the books?? He has found a job that will employ my friend.

I have a friend who has been in the us for many years and has a SS# that says not valid for employment without immigration authoraziation.
    What would happen if he uses the SS# to work on the books?? He has found a job that will employ my friend.

Comment

Honestly, I think you are threading hot waters here. This would be a cross violation not only by him, but also by the employer that will hire him.

What I think he can do, without violating anything is freelancing. Freelancers do not have to sign I-9 Forms.
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Do you have experience in the matter, have you seen the facts or discussed it with other people who have done?
        Is this all an assumption?

Comment

what's your fried's legal status in the US?

Comment

out of status

Comment

so, he shouldn't be working. As I understand it, freelancing is form of work.

I asked about his status because many residents (GC holders) have never bothered to change SS card after they've received GC, so their cards also say "not walid for employment without immigration authorisation". The difference here is that they are authorised to work.

Comment

the question here is not whether they are authorized to work or not, we all know the answers to that. This person has family and has to eat. The question is whether is safe for them to use the number to work without getting discovered by immigration.

Comment

so what do you think "not valid for employment" means? That it is OK for this illegal to work? Why?
                  Why is it so many douchebag Americans believe that their illegal alien friend is exempt from our laws? If this clown needs money, all he has to do is scrape up an airfare and LEAVE MY COUNTRY! So simple.

Comment

ignoring the intelligent comments of previous! Get caught working when ur not supposed to is just opening the door for trouble.... Go and get some decent advice and find out if u can get the restrictions lifted. Anyone can take risks, but getting caught is going to just make matters worse! Or living in fear of getting caught.. its just not worth it.

Comment

Out of status means ILLEGAL.

Not valid for employment without USCIS authorization means NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT USCIS AUTHORIZATION.

What part of that don't you understand, exactly??

Your...er, "friend" has "family and needs to eat." So, that makes it okay to disregard the law??

Your friend can work in his country of origin without any problem...perhaps he should try it.

You should be ashamed for facilitating illegal behavior.

Comment

Your...er, "friend" has "family and needs to eat." So, that makes it okay to disregard the law??

Actually, due to humanitarian reasons, it does!

Regards,
                        “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john100:
                          What would happen if he uses the SS# to work on the books?? He has found a job that will employ my friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          This type of SS card was issued prior to the ITIN being used, starting in 1994. If your friend attempts to work on the books without a valid SSN and eligibility ot work, your friend would be at risk for ICE to come and pay the company a visit, which your friend would be placed in deportation hearings. And wihtout knowing your friend's circumstances, it might be best advice for your friend to seek professional help.
                          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hudson
                            the SS# my friend has is valid . What is ice?

Comment

John100: Your illegal alien friend, by your own admission, has a social security number that is NOT valid for employment purposes...as he is not authorized to work in America.

I.C.E is Immigration and Customs Enforcement...the agency that will arrest your friend if he works illegally.

Comment

Working...
                              X