Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom was married to a US citizen..im 19 can she get me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom was married to a US citizen..im 19 can she get me?

yes im 19.. my mom was married to my stepfather can thay petitioned me?? im a minor.............

yes im 19.. my mom was married to my stepfather can thay petitioned me?? im a minor.............

Comment

Your stepfather must have file I-130 for your mom, did he file the same for you as stepson.
      If I correctly recal, the age for this type of case is 16/21 years.
      Check wih USICS/BCIS

Comment

Your step-father can file for you if your mother married him before you turned 18. He files an I-130 (or full AOS app if you are unmarried, under 21, and have been inspected/admitted into the US) for you.

If you were 18 or older when they married, there is no step-relationship. Your mother can petition for you when she becomes an LPR.

Comment

so it will take longer??? so i will wait my mom to become LPR or may be to become citizen??
          so what do i do now??? im 19..... and they will be married soon this yr..

Comment

reply pls.....

Comment

Your soon-to-be stepfather cannot apply for you. You must wait for your mother to become a permanent resident and file an I-130 for you. When the I-130 is approved and the priority date is current (it will take about 4-5 years for the number to be current), you can file for a green card. If you are living in the U.S. illegally, you will not be able to file here.

Comment

Working...
              X