Criminal Record while Pending I-485

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Record while Pending I-485

so yes, i was arrested two years ago for lewd conduct, my lawyer entered a plea for trespassing, and now suffering while awaiting for my GC.

I am anticipating a DENIAL since they rarely deny a case unless you have a criminal record and two other reasons which i forgot.

They receiced my 485 last sept 5. I am sure a lot of you are on the same date.

so my questions is ...

Do i need to prepare anything while anticipating my denial?

Is anybody here has a similar case that was APPROVED?

Has anybody received anything with the same date as mine?

Do you guys know any good if not the best attorney to handle my case?

ANy advice that would help my situation I would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot ....

so yes, i was arrested two years ago for lewd conduct, my lawyer entered a plea for trespassing, and now suffering while awaiting for my GC.

I am anticipating a DENIAL since they rarely deny a case unless you have a criminal record and two other reasons which i forgot.

They receiced my 485 last sept 5. I am sure a lot of you are on the same date.

so my questions is ...

Do i need to prepare anything while anticipating my denial?

Is anybody here has a similar case that was APPROVED?

Has anybody received anything with the same date as mine?

Do you guys know any good if not the best attorney to handle my case?

ANy advice that would help my situation I would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot ....

Comment

Hi Sugatr,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you were trying to get a Green Card here, why didn't you pay attention to our laws? I don't understand cases like yours. There are so many hard working, law abiding people trying to get green cards here, why would you do something to mess up your chances???

Laws are made for a reason. If you don't have respect for US laws, I'm not sure the USA is the right place for you.

Comment

Hello sugatar

What is your application based on . family plan by marriage or family member petition, etc?

Was the Lewd charge lowered to criminal trespass? If so, was it considered low level misdeameanor?

Why are you expecting a denial?

Few more details please.

Comment

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but I am in zero toleration mode for law breaking people. It's not that difficult to stay above the law - particularly when you are trying to get immigration matters in order. I come here and defend immigrants on a regular basis, but when I read stuff like this - lewd behavior? I believe the US quota has been met in this category!

Comment

I agree. You see, either lewd conduct or trespassing means violation of other people's well-being, peace, and privacy, which should be dealt with accordingly in full force of relevant laws, and it's regardless whoever commits it. What if it's committed by a non-resident, and his/her permanent residency application is denied because of this? Ahh, it's hard to scoop up even just a bit from my bottomless sympathy reserve!

Comment

Well, isn't this ironic? I have no sympathy for Sugatr's predicament...and agree that he should be denied permanent residency in America. However, I do find the position taken by ProudMex to be a little...well, ironic.

ProudMex will forgive almost anything when it concerns the conduct of illegals in America...and advocate for their being given legal status.

Entering the country illegally: ProudMex thinks that this is no big deal.

Working without authorization, using either fake or stolen identities: ProudMex will happily forgive this, also.

Driving without a license or insurance...well, ProudMex thinks that this is just one of those things.

I could go on, but you get the idea!

I guess that Sugatr was just really unlucky to...finally...have crossed one of ProudMex's red lines.

Maybe, we'll see a little more consistency from ProudMex in future.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
                Well, isn't this ironic? I have no sympathy for Sugatr's predicament...and agree that he should be denied permanent residency in America. However, I do find the position taken by ProudMex to be a little...well, ironic.

ProudMex will forgive almost anything when it concerns the conduct of illegals in America...and advocate for their being given legal status.

Entering the country illegally: ProudMex thinks that this is no big deal.

Working without authorization, using either fake or stolen identities: ProudMex will happily forgive this, also.

Driving without a license or insurance...well, ProudMex thinks that this is just one of those things.

I could go on, but you get the idea!

I guess that Sugatr was just really unlucky to...finally...have crossed one of ProudMex's red lines.

Maybe, we'll see a little more consistency from ProudMex in future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SunDevil,

You shouldn't make assumptions about people - especially ones you don't know.

I do have sympathy for people who come here to make a better life for themselves, as long as they are willing to follow our laws. I've always been consistent on that matter. The USA doesn't need more criminals - period. Please find a post of mine where I have condoned the criminal behavior of illegal aliens (or anyone else for that matter)?

When I read posts such as the one written by the OP, I normally choose to ignore them rather than say something negative. Unlike you, I don't need to sign on to this forum and prey on the misfortunes of other people to feel better about myself. However, when I saw the word 'lewd', I couldn't help but respond the way I did in this thread. I have zero tolerance for people who break the law - whether they are citizens or not!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:

Maybe, we'll see a little more consistency from ProudMex in future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah! tries to split some hair and, by that, he thinks it makes him a scientist.

Comment

Okay, first things first.

The plea is controlling. If the arrest was for lewd conduct but the offender entered a plea and was convicted of trespassing, it's trespassing that will be determined to be the criminal offense.

Trespassing is not a CIMT, and shouldn't cause problems.

However, the fact that the conviction will probably have little impact over the application by no means reduces the significance of the act.

If in doubt, the OP should consult with a lawyer and more importantly, rectify his or her conduct to make sure this remains an isolated incident instead of a pattern of criminal behavior.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

Comment

The other material fact perhaps is whether it's divulged or not when the I-485 was filed. It wasn't clear either way based on the original post. If the answer was 'no' on Part 3. 1. b. question, yes, a denial is almost certain.

Comment

Did you expose your private parts in public school or what?
                        Don't mean to ask personal questions, be judgemental and et al, but this is something beyond my comprehension when immigrants come here and engage in CRIMINAL LEWD ACT.
                        And if that's what USCIS denies I-485's for , then more power to them!

Under US Constitution you can marry and maintain 100 adult consenting mistressess simultaneously with whom you can have s-e-x anytime you wish, no one can touch you for that from legal standpoint - as long as you are financlially and emotionally capable of doing so.

But WHY engage in CRIMINAL LEWD ACT ?
                        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

great...another weenie-wagger begging for loopholes (or perhaps, gloryholes??)...just how long did you overstay your visa, sugatr, the visa scumbag? Why should any of us, hard-working American citizens, give a rat's a$$ about your 'suffering' waiting for an undeserved GC??? Did you wack off in front of some schoolgirls? Flash your 'privates' at some unsuspecting nun? Why do we need or want you in MY country? Laws are made to be followship, lowlife, not disobeyed...and when caught, you whine about your 'suffering'....well, here's a newsflash, dirtbag.....no one cares....the only person who might is your ethically-challenged lawyer...and he or she is only interested in the money....so all of us who are regular posters (and Americans) deeply pray for your denial....it will be one of the most pleasurable moments we can imagine.....hey...check your zipper!

Comment

I love engaging in public lewd conduct
                            These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

Comment

hello. thanks for the response, whether it pertains to my question or not.

to answer most, sometimes we do stupid things and we cannot take it back.

it happened in an adult arcade. where there is security and no minor or even below 21 is allowed. it was a close booth, there was a person who stood in front of my door and ask me to flash. i did. since he was standing in the door no one can see it but him. it turned out this person is a cop. my lawyer argued that someone has to be offended for it to be lewd, it was agreed upon that it would be brought down to trespassing instead. my lawyer said he can make it go away. but its $3000 per day. something i don't have. so i settle for the the next best thing.

i have a lawyer for my immigration papers but they would always say "all hope is not lost" or something generic that you couldn't really get any concrete answers.

that's why i posted my question ....

thanks for the ones that answer my questions.

for 4NOW:
                              Was the Lewd charge lowered to criminal trespass? If so, was it considered low level misdeameanor?

- it was lowered and i am not sure if it was low level.

Why are you expecting a denial?

- because of the criminal record and the record of the arrest.

Comment

Working...
                              X