H1b Quota for 2007 for Graduate Students

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Quota for 2007 for Graduate Students

I have found out recently that the H1b quota for 2007 has already been reached. I have graduated with a Masters degree and I know that there is a different quota for this category, approx 20,000 visas. Does anyone know whether this quota has been reached already and if not, what is the status of it?

thanks a lot!

I have found out recently that the H1b quota for 2007 has already been reached. I have graduated with a Masters degree and I know that there is a different quota for this category, approx 20,000 visas. Does anyone know whether this quota has been reached already and if not, what is the status of it?

thanks a lot!

Comment

this quota is still open and probably take soeme time to fill. But my advise to you dont count on it. File your case ASAP. According USCIS there is only one center in Vermont and they are competely swamped so hurry up dont delay. Good Luck

Comment

Assa, thanks for your reply. I spoke with a lawyer and he told me that USCIS has already received and adjudicated a little over 10,000 H-1b petitions filed on behalf of US masters graduates.

Comment

You welcome.

I filed my case almost a month ago in advance degree option case. My lawyer email me 2 days ago that USCIS has recieved my case but they are unable to tell the exact status of my case. So my advise to you just be patient and Good Luck. Because this year USCIS is so much distracted with current cap. So again we say good luck to each other and hope there should be no further delay or hassles in process.

Comment

why aren't you returning to your own country,as you promised when you got your student visas? Why? Because you never had the intention of doing so...you just made up lies to get the visa. I hope all your relatives have a wonderful time in their countries, knowing that their lying brother/sister or whatever has ruined their chances of getting to go to the US.
            What is wrong with keeping your word? Or is that something that does not exist in your culture?

Comment

You should consult good immigration attorney and never rely on advise of anyone on this board.

At very worst do your own research and reading and rely on your own judgement.

Good luck,

IE

Comment

hi friends..i have a question...I have finished my course work for my masters in spring 2007. I will get my master degree certificate in sep 10 2007. Can I apply for H-1 in masters quota?

Comment

yes if you have an employer and a job offer for a H-1B position you must start making the file rigth now and apply as soon as you can to be sure that you can get a H1B visa for this category.

Allready now is a strage an unusual situation with the Cap for H-1B beeing reached in only 2 DAYS,(April 2nd and 3rd) over 150,000 petitions filed in 3 days for only aprox. 48,000 visas for FY 2008.

All the best!

www. USImmigrationForAll.com
                  Frank G. Becker & Associates
                  www.USImmigrationForAll.com

Comment

RIGHT ON SOMEONE 12!!! I can't put it better myself.
                    to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

Any of you guys know if the cap for H-1 Master category is filled for 2008 fiscal year? if not, how many are still open?

Thank you for all the help-

Comment

for FY 2008 H-1B master degree there is still room for filing.

USCIS announced 12,989 visas for that category already filed on 04/10/2007

All the best!
                        Frank G. Becker & Associates
                        www.USImmigrationForAll.com

Comment

TO ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS: YOU NEED TO WRITE TO THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TODAY, CALL YOUR SENATOR, WRITE YOUR REPS. get in touch with everybody in our gov't and DEMAND (like the illegals do) TO STOP ISSUING STUDENT VISAS especially from primitive countries like: INDIA, AFRICA, ALL ORIENTALS no exceptions, RUSSIA and other former commie countries, MEXICO, COLOMBIA, VENEZUELA, PERU, ALL CENTRAL AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN. No more student visas to these animals. They bring nothing but trouble and obsolete ideas.
                          to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

To Sickofillegals - while I don't condone illegals, many of us "AMERICAN CITIZENS" came from immigrant parents and grandparents. You might not be here right now to voice your opinion as you do if someone from your family hadn't migrated to the U.S. Why shouldn't individuals want a better life for themselves and their families? Why wouldn't anyone want to have what the U.S. offers. Should these people be punished for wanting something better? Should they be punished for trying to attain something their families didn't have the courage for? The United States of America is a huge melting pot of peoples from all walks of life, religion, color, gender, etc. If you don't like it, maybe you should go somewhere else!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SICKOFILLEGALS:
                              TO ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS: YOU NEED TO WRITE TO THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TODAY, CALL YOUR SENATOR, WRITE YOUR REPS. get in touch with everybody in our gov't and DEMAND (like the illegals do) TO STOP ISSUING STUDENT VISAS especially from primitive countries like: INDIA, AFRICA, ALL ORIENTALS no exceptions, RUSSIA and other former commie countries, MEXICO, COLOMBIA, VENEZUELA, PERU, ALL CENTRAL AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN. No more student visas to these animals. They bring nothing but trouble and obsolete ideas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should really stop polluting this board with your venomous comments. I know you won't stop, but considering what has taken place this week, you should consider toning down your comments. Most Americans do not support illegal immigration - which includes me; however, these hate filled rants are being read by people all over the world. Why would you want to give them more reasons to hate Americans?

Comment

Working...
                              X