need help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help please

I am a USC and my husband and I applied for K3 & I 130. He had his 2nd interview at embassy at which time they told him they are sending our case back to USA because the said they do not believe he was legally divorced when we married. We have certified statements from lawyer stating he is divorced but because I have not lived in his country with him...altho I visit him every 3 months since we married (I can not just quit my job) and his neighbors do not know me and told the Immigration this when they went out to interview his family (who all acknowleded me as his wife).
    Does anyone know what we can do next? Where are they sending our case to? Should I quit my job and go live with him for a period of time...will this help at this point???
    HELP!!!!

I am a USC and my husband and I applied for K3 & I 130. He had his 2nd interview at embassy at which time they told him they are sending our case back to USA because the said they do not believe he was legally divorced when we married. We have certified statements from lawyer stating he is divorced but because I have not lived in his country with him...altho I visit him every 3 months since we married (I can not just quit my job) and his neighbors do not know me and told the Immigration this when they went out to interview his family (who all acknowleded me as his wife).
    Does anyone know what we can do next? Where are they sending our case to? Should I quit my job and go live with him for a period of time...will this help at this point???
    HELP!!!!

Comment

Part of the problem is his first marraige was a verbal marraige with no registration of it on file. When my husband first went to a lawyer they told him..no registration you do don't need divorce.
      I am going crazy trying to think of the right thing to do now.

Comment

Their is no verbal marriage in Pakistan:
        If you married a Pakistani, The Kadi issue a Marriage certificate to that effect and that is registered in the area consil office and then it will be registered with the KMC office at M.A.Jinnah Road. the same process apply for registration of birth. One of my friends brother got married in Pakistan at DHS in Karachi.
        The law should be the same all over the country. I spoke to many Pakistanis from Karachi, Lahore, even in the remote area they have a system. Its an Islamic Country how you can get verbal marriage. I know that for sure that no parents will allow that type of marriage, even a girl will not live with this kind odd system.
        When he had divorced the first wife their must be some documents to that effects as well and the same process apply.
        You must be living in the dark age.
        DOCUMENT Fraud rates are very high in that Country.

Comment

Working...
        X