processing time for married child of us citizen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• processing time for married child of us citizen

hi i'm new to this can any one tell me what is the processing time for i-130 filed in NJ for a married child of a us citizen? some one told me 9yrs. is this true? if not how long does it normally take.

Processing time depends on nationalities. Which country is your child in?

Comment

Originally posted by angeleyes:
      hi i'm new to this can any one tell me what is the processing time for i-130 filed in NJ for a married child of a us citizen? some one told me 9yrs. is this true? if not how long does it normally take.
      I am sorry to say, that my friend also filed an I-130 in April of 2001 and they just told us they are processing applications recieved in March 1994. It is insane and there is no way around it until the government changes something...this is why everyone is coming illegally!!!

www.myfreeusa.com

Comment

You can find visa processing dates on the Visa Bulletin here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_1360.html
        Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by templar:
          Processing time depends on nationalities. Which country is your child in?
          thanks for your reply to my question.
          my little girl is five and she was born in the uk,but she is not classed as a british citizen until she is 10yrs because both parents are jamaican. but im married to a british citizen and still awaiting my visa. would he have to file in jamaica, or in the uk. i've been a resident for 9yrs. hope you can help

Comment

For both Jamaican and British citizens, the visa is currently available for applicants with March 1999 date. That's 8 years. Add another year for visa processing time. Then your friend was right. It will take 9 years.

I am guessing you are getting a visa derivative of your husband's application. In that case, it will be all done through embassy in Britain.

Comment

Working...
            X