Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about N400

Hi guys,

I was happily married to the US citizen but now we are going to divorce because my wife cheated on me. it's already been 3 years since i got my green card so I already filed N400 based on marrige with her. right now we're not living together. Can I still be an American citizen or i'll have to wait 2 more years? what will happen? I have not received my finger print notice or any other latter from uscis yet. I'll appreciate your answer. Thanks!

Hi guys,

I was happily married to the US citizen but now we are going to divorce because my wife cheated on me. it's already been 3 years since i got my green card so I already filed N400 based on marrige with her. right now we're not living together. Can I still be an American citizen or i'll have to wait 2 more years? what will happen? I have not received my finger print notice or any other latter from uscis yet. I'll appreciate your answer. Thanks!

Comment

If you and your wife are no longer together, you will have to wait the five years before you can become a citizen. You can file your citizenship application 4 years and 9 months from the date on your green card.

Comment

Married to USC - eligible to apply for USC with 3 yrs of LPR status.
        Divorced from USC during 3 year LPR period - eligible to apply for USC with 5 years of residence (no 3 year rule).
        Simple as that.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

what happens the case which is already filed?

Comment

Read regulations or consult an immigration attorney.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X