denied fiance visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denied fiance visa

My fiance was denied a fiance visa because she admitted to drug use that took place 9 years ago. What can we do now?

My fiance was denied a fiance visa because she admitted to drug use that took place 9 years ago. What can we do now?

Comment

What's wrong with taking drugs? I myself take hypertension and diabetes drugs.

Comment

She admitted to using a controlled substance.

Comment

File a waiver.

Including whatever treatment she has gone through to resolve the addiction.

Comment

For the section they put her in is the criminal part and there is no waiver available for it. The Embassy in Manila considers all drug use or offences criminal. To them just use of a controled substance is criminal.

Comment

She was convicted of drug use 9 years ago,you mean, and therefore not qualified to get visa.

Then why are you here asking questions on this public board and expecting these bunch of ****sterheads advise you what to do, instead of reading the statute under which she was denied visa and consulting attorney to determine if it makes sense to file a waiver to overcome it?

I think you are a ****ster.

Comment

I understand what your going through and it ****s I spoke with someone who states that they specialize in waivers. Call and explane your situation 18777773516, you would think that immigration would overlook something like that since our president and most of congress are drugs addicts themself. Some has records that goes on for days.

Comment

Drug related convictions are indeed very serious convictions and are never taken lightly.
                  It's one of the grounds of permanent inadmissibility.

I suggested OP to read the exact statute under which visa was denied and consult an immigration attorney to determine whether it even worth of time and effort to file a waiver.

Comment

you would think that immigration would overlook something like that since our president and most of congress are drugs addicts themself. Some has records that goes on for days.

True spoken words, sad as it is. What will the government representation be in the future. Drug testing should be mandatory for all government employees. ALL, no exectptions

Comment

I have read the part of the law. There is no waiver available. She was never arrested or convicted. I have contacted lawyers. They all say there is nothing they can do because it is the embassy in Manila. That embassy will not reconsider any decisions they make even if the decision is wrong and they know it.

Comment

You could always settle in her country.
                        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

What a ****sterhead you are !

With no crime and no conviction, how could she be permanently denied visa with no possibility of waiver?

You are just ****ing on this board.
                          Begone and let real posters ask questions.

Comment

THAT IS MY QUESTION, BUT BECAUSE THE EMBASSY PUT HER IN THE SECTION OF CRIMINAL THEN THERE IS NO WAIVER. I AM GUESSING THE EMBASSY SAYS BY JUST ADMITTING DRUG USE SHE IS GUILTY OF A CRIME. EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A SECTION OF THE LAW FOR DRUG USE AND THERE IS A WAIVER AVAILABLE FOR THAT SECTION OF THE LAW. A QUESTION I HAVE IS WHO HAS JURISDICTION OVER A WRONG DECISION A CONSULAR HAS MADE?

Comment

State Department has.
                              No US Federal Court can intervene, with very rare exceptions.

If what you say is true and she was denied for admitting what she did, without any proof or conviction, then you should be proud of her!
                              She is a decent person worthy of respect, regardless of what it had cost her.

Comment

Working...
                              X