March 27 Senate will discuss immigration reform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 27 Senate will discuss immigration reform

Hey all, on March 27 senate will be discussing immigration reform for this country. Keep up with it to see if there are changes made for the better. Go to www.shusterman.com for good up-to-date info. on immigration.

Hey all, on March 27 senate will be discussing immigration reform for this country. Keep up with it to see if there are changes made for the better. Go to www.shusterman.com for good up-to-date info. on immigration.

Comment

Yes, let's hope that the senate passes its version of HR 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005, which the House of Representatives passed in December 2005.

Comment

I will mark this in my CSPAN calendar. Thanks Antivirus.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

March the 27th could be a glorious day for a lot of mexican gang-member criminals as well. It could also be the beginning of the end for institutions that regulate immigration law like BIA. If you're familiar with immigration law, you'll come to notice how some of the President's initiatives when it comes to immigration reform are not based upon personal preferences but instead supported by long standing BIA opinions.

Comment

About time, they should address why the backlog of applicatons has risen despite the fact more money has been allocated. To add insult to injury; the supposed six month timeline is now 30 mths.

Comment

I hope the new reform addresses issue for the current illegals in the country, and more importantly stops future illegals from coming in. I am paying the price for the decisions my parents made with good intentions, I dont want anyone else out there to be stuck like how I am currently. With GODs help I will be coming out of my current situation soon, but not everyone will be able to do the same.

Comment

One possible reason for the backlog is cases go on forever. Examples of this can be found right here. One member was issued voluntary departure and he's still here, filed a marraige based petition and is desperately searching for a way to remain in the country despite having a final deportation order. The immigration system is similar to the prision system, check out death row. How many years is someone on death row with appeal after appeal filed? I'm not saying I support capital punishment, but if you're going to deport someone DO IT. If you're going kill someone by lethal injection DO IT. It shouldn't take 10-years to finalize a case, no matter how complex it is.

I don't think illegal immigrants should complain about how long it takes. For those that are legal and complaining, blame the illegals or even yourself if you complicated your case by coming in one way and then changing.

Comment

Working...
                X