Immigrating From Iran..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigrating From Iran..

Hi. I have a 35 year old niece who is an Iranian citizen. She has a 14 year old boy. Her husband passed away yesterday, and he was the only support they had. My niece is Armenian, but was born in Iran. Her husband was Iranian. She has virtually nobody left in Iran, and will truly not be able to make it alone there as a single young mother because her husband was the only one protecting her. Her mother has lived here for 5 years and has a Green Card, but is not a citizen. My brother and I are US citizens, and we are well established and could support her and her son for years, until they become settled here. There are many job opportunities here, but there are virtually none where she lives. We are so scared that we will not be able to bring her here. Does anybody have any advice for me? It would literally be live saving. Thank you very much.

Hi. I have a 35 year old niece who is an Iranian citizen. She has a 14 year old boy. Her husband passed away yesterday, and he was the only support they had. My niece is Armenian, but was born in Iran. Her husband was Iranian. She has virtually nobody left in Iran, and will truly not be able to make it alone there as a single young mother because her husband was the only one protecting her. Her mother has lived here for 5 years and has a Green Card, but is not a citizen. My brother and I are US citizens, and we are well established and could support her and her son for years, until they become settled here. There are many job opportunities here, but there are virtually none where she lives. We are so scared that we will not be able to bring her here. Does anybody have any advice for me? It would literally be live saving. Thank you very much.

Comment

Well only the Mother can Sponsor.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2847.html

So in round numbers c 11 years for GC Holders and 6 years for Citizens.

The fastest route would be for her mother to find her a USC spouse.

Comment

Are Iranians eligible for non-immigrant visa?
        Does she have a bachelors/graduate degree?

If answers to above questions affirmative, she may come here under H-1b status, provided there is a company here willing to sponsor her.

Good Luck,
        IE

Comment

Working...
        X