• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Have some patience, good things come to those who wait.
      Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

You are NOT an American and you will not be an American until and If you become a citizen.

Comment

Good idea. Write a book, publish and sell it.
          Let this be your inspiration
          Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

poster original post in 2005

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction! I am originally from Brazil, I entered the United States legally on a tourist visa in 1993, at that time I was 15 years old.My Mom had immigrated to this country a year before and ended up marrying an American citizen in 1996.My Mom got her Green Card in 1997 and then applied for our adjustment of status that me and my 2 brothers could have our Green Cards. My brothers received their Green Cards a few years ago, but I still dont have it. Anyways, my Mom became an American citizen a few years ago and somehow that was supposed to "speed up" the process.I did my fingerprints at the Phoenix office back in September 2003 and was given a work permit on that same day. I relocated to Minnesota in September of 2003, and went to my first interview in December of 2004. At the interview, I was EXTREMELY nervous and I was asked if I had ever used a "fake" Social Security, I told the officer that I did and told her that I never meant to "harm" anyone with that. I was so nervous!! Anyways, she asked me to resubmit some documents, including my biographaphical information form and she told me that as long as my "background check" came back OK, I should receive my Green Card. I resubmitted the information requested in February of 2005 certified mail and have receipt that it was received. Anyways, it has been seven months and I have not heard anything from Immigration, which really worries me! In addition, I applied for a renewal of work permit back in July, went to the St Paul office to do my "biometrics" and I still have not received my work permit in the mail. This situation drives me insane because I have no "status" and no work permit!! I have been losing sleep over this matter and I have never been so stress. I have no criminal background, the only "crime" I have ever commited was using a fake Social Security number for employment purposes while trying to "survive" What should I do?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still waiting

In all your post over the years, I have failed to see you answer what year your mother became a usc, and what year she upgraded the petition to a USC. Care to offer that information now so that we can see just how long this real wait is in processing times? (sons /daughter over 21 yrs.

If you wish to become legal fairly quickly, just marry the usc fiance and get your greencard. Your illegal working and use of fake social security number will even be forgiven. Oh yea and I forgot, your illegal overstay of your visa will also be forgiven when u adjust status.

Hmmm book you say... and you say not "typical immigrant" american stereotype mentality already eh.

You know ...I beg to differ.. It may surprise you that the typical immigrant is already educated when he/she enters inspected. Oh maybe you are speaking of some the visa overstays.. well, lot of them are already educated too, BTW when they got here.

Now you on the otherhand, sound like the typical illegal (that claim to be an immigrant)
            Came on tourist visa with no intention of returning.(visa fraud) works illegally and uses identity fraud with fake ssn.(thinks there was not an option to return home, yet the father that you complain in not seeing in all those years was there???) Now crying loud and insisting on green card immediately and ready to file writ of mandamus for it. Got a little education, and then turn your nose up at all the other illegals and think that you are better than they are, yet all the while did the typical things that illegals do.

No , do not waste your time writing book or screenplay. We see this movie played out everyday. 12 Million actors and counting apply for the starring roles.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have lived in the USA since 1993, I have been here for 15 years and still no Green Card. My mother is an US citizen and because I was 18 at the time of filing, I have absolutely no idea how much longer this process is going to take. I have managed to put myself through college with no help from financial aid or Stafford loans. Actually, I have not seen my father in 15 years. I am getting ready to apply for law school and sometimes I feel like my story deserves a book, documentary or something. I am hardly the example of the typical "immigrant" in the USA, I have fully assimilated the culture, speak English fluently, totally integrated and my fiance is American. Are there many more people in similar situations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Americans don't have green cards for info.
              Either you are natural born ( born in the US)
              or naturalized.

Having a green card = permanent resident.

Check your mothers application info.
              Maybe at that time you're not qualified
              for AOS.

I would suggest you to get some legal advice
              with an Immigration lawyer.

Im not sure, but the use of fake ss# might
              not look good on your application.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Too many people with broken English here, I wish I could talk to some real Americans here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still Waiting,

Real Americans didn't go through an immigration process.

However, Immigrants who went through the same application as yours, will share you some info.

Comment

I have talked to the best Immigration attorney in the Midwest. Attorneys are not miracle workers, they are quite limited because the Immigration system is cumbersome and complicated. And no, I am not pursuing the Writ of Mandamus route, although I think the system could be improved and streamlined, I still believe in the American system.Didn't you read that I will be going to law school soon? They should give these so called new "Americans" English comprehension tests before they make them "Americans". I don't need any help from these so called online attorneys that only speak broken English

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Attorneys are not miracle workers, they are quite limited because the Immigration system is cumbersome and complicated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Attorney's job is not to create some kind of a miracle.

Immigration lawyers will guide you through the process.

At the moment you are stuck on the AOS application which is for the green card.
                      You can check this on line through USCIS
                      website by entering your AOS receipt #.
                      They sometimes post the update on your application.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Or on your AOS application , you're stuck on the background check due to use of a fake ss#.

Like I said consult a lawyer!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Didn't you read that I will be going to law school soon? They should give these so called new "Americans" English comprehension tests before they make them "Americans". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Immigration process is not College entrance test!

Comment

Still Waiting,

I'm wondering why your brothers got their GC's and you didn't. Are they younger than you? Were all the petitions sent in at the same time? Don't run away, we are trying to help you. At least some of us are.

Comment

Lawyers ARE miracle workers and the guardians of freedom !!!!

It is amazing what lawyers can do and deserve to be rewarded accordingly !!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation