do I have to work while I have green card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I have to work while I have green card

I was granted LPR this month, My wife make a lot of money and I dont work, do I have to work as well? even thou we are filling joint tax returns ( for 7 years now and she is USC)she always claims me as dependent, is law require me to work even thou I don't have to ?

Just what this country needs

Comment

LMAO @ SONOF!!!!!! Well said! lol

Comment

Oh, come on, SOM. You wish you had a Sugar Mama.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Sooner or later this dirt bag will go on social services and our taxes will start climbing up. USA has now become a charity of such dirt bags.
          I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

Sooner or later this dirt bag will go on social services and our taxes will start climbing up. USA has now become a charity of such dirt bags.
            afraid of competition white trash!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by speed_025:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sooner or later this dirt bag will go on social services and our taxes will start climbing up. USA has now become a charity of such dirt bags.
              afraid of competition white trash!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all sweet heart. SICK and TIRED of these immigrant dirt bags who are continuously abusing the process and evading laws.
              I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hpasha:
                I was granted LPR this month, My wife make a lot of money and I dont work, do I have to work as well? even thou we are filling joint tax returns ( for 7 years now and she is USC)she always claims me as dependent, is law require me to work even thou I don't have to ?
                I think you are asking the wrong question to the wrong people. The question is not whether the law allows, but whether you should. Best thing is for you and your wife to sit downn and decide together.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

My question is why don't you want to work? What do you do with all the time on your hands? Do you stay home and take care of the kids? I can't imagine sitting around the house all day with nothing to keep my brain stimulated. I would think, for pride's sake, you would want to try and contribute to the household income.

Comment

Can I move out of USA and then marry a hot USC and come here on immigration and just chill at home? Do nothing else other than FED....(F, Eat and Drink). It is a code word of FedEx.

Must be amazing life these immigrants are having. Not to work, get freebie attorneys, US Govt backing them up, Politicians in bed with them.

Comment

wow I see alot of racism here, we have 3 kids and its worth it instead of wasting money, plus its a great delight to take care of them, and to white guy, I bet you are an immigrant yourself , I have seen people like you before...... and she make as much in a week that you prolly will make in a year so do yourself a favor and find something more constructive...

my question still remains..

Comment

I didn't see any racism, just judgmental people, something you just indulged in yourself, Hpasha.

Being a house-husband is completely different to just sitting on your hands. Looking after kids is way more than a full time job, and it's more and more common nowdays for the husband to stay at home if the wife has higher earning power.

Assuming you're on IR1 or CR1, you don't have to work. Provided you and your wife are happy with the situation, then you're fine.
                        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

thanks aroha, I am actually IR6( don't know what that is)

Comment

thanks aroha, I am actually IR6( don't know what that is)
                            It's the same thing, basically. The number stands for how you got it - adjusting from something else, consular etc.

Comment

wow I see alot of racism here, we have 3 kids and its worth it instead of wasting money, plus its a great delight to take care of them, and to white guy, I bet you are an immigrant yourself , I have seen people like you before...... and she make as much in a week that you prolly will make in a year so do yourself a favor and find something more constructive...

my question still remains..
                              There is no law that requires you to work when you have obtain the GC. It is a choice, no more. Again, as long as you and your wife agree who should raise the kids, that is all that matters.

Oh BTW, tell people you are a domestic engineer isntead of a stay at home husband.
                              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
                              X