Interviws & Oaths - Appropriate Dress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviws & Oaths - Appropriate Dress

My husband and I are finally BOTH U.S. citizens! After all the delays and setbacks, my husband finally took the Citizenship Oath earlier this week. It was a very exciting and emotional event for us, but I was amazed at the casual dress of most of the participants. Many were dressed in jeans or shorts and t-shirts, and open sandals. This was also the case when I took my oath.

I believe that becoming a US citizen is an extremely important event in most immigrants lives, so why not treat it that way? I'm sure none of these people would have attended a job interview dressed in this type of attire, because of the bad impression it would give a prospective employer. I'm surprised that the USCIS doesn't have some type of dress code for such important occasions, but please people, take pride in your appearance for Naturalization interviews and oaths!

My husband and I are finally BOTH U.S. citizens! After all the delays and setbacks, my husband finally took the Citizenship Oath earlier this week. It was a very exciting and emotional event for us, but I was amazed at the casual dress of most of the participants. Many were dressed in jeans or shorts and t-shirts, and open sandals. This was also the case when I took my oath.

I believe that becoming a US citizen is an extremely important event in most immigrants lives, so why not treat it that way? I'm sure none of these people would have attended a job interview dressed in this type of attire, because of the bad impression it would give a prospective employer. I'm surprised that the USCIS doesn't have some type of dress code for such important occasions, but please people, take pride in your appearance for Naturalization interviews and oaths!

Comment

Very Good point!

Comment

Working...
      X