Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Question

My friend's has an I-797, notice of action from her brother who petition her back in 1996. The brother is a US Citizen there is a priority date of 11/10/1997, is it time for her to file the I-485? She entered with a B-2 Visa and is also married over 21,. I don't really understand the Visa bulletin,,, thanks.

My friend's has an I-797, notice of action from her brother who petition her back in 1996. The brother is a US Citizen there is a priority date of 11/10/1997, is it time for her to file the I-485? She entered with a B-2 Visa and is also married over 21,. I don't really understand the Visa bulletin,,, thanks.

Comment

I'm seeing 96 for Mexico, 00 for the rest (except Phillipines). She would be in the F4 category. Go down to that line, then across to the country.

She can file when her priority date is current, but is she is from Mexico, she has a wee bit of a wait yet.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Yes, I agree. The brother is in the U.S. unlawfully present at this point. The idea is to wait for the priority date to become current. Once current, her brother can apply to be put back into status as a relative of a U.S. citizen.

Go to this link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/b...n/bulletin_5368.html

Look at column F4 and compare the date listed with the petition date in 1997. For most countries, the priority date should already be current, except for foreigners from the Philippines in the far right column.

F4 01FEB00 01JAN00 01FEB00 01FEB96 08MAR88

I hope this additional information helps. Kind regards,

Allan Lolly
        http://www.1-800-usa-immigration.com/relatives.html

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation