Sponsoring someone for a visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring someone for a visa

Hi guys!!! I am about to reveal how limited my immigration knowledge really is!

Anyway, a neighbor asked my mom to "sponsor" him. He hasn't given her a lot of information and my mom gets a little confused sometimes so I am not really sure of the details, although I hope to learn more later.

So, I was wondering if he was thinking of the I-864 or if there is some way she could sponsor him for a work visa... or what type of sponsorship might he be talking about.

Bascially, my mother really likes him and has a very close relationship with his daughter - but she has retired and is on both social security and disability. So, I am not quite sure what type of sponsorship she would qualify for.

Can anyone help me here with some VERY basic information on types of sponsorship that exist?

Thanks!

Hi guys!!! I am about to reveal how limited my immigration knowledge really is!

Anyway, a neighbor asked my mom to "sponsor" him. He hasn't given her a lot of information and my mom gets a little confused sometimes so I am not really sure of the details, although I hope to learn more later.

So, I was wondering if he was thinking of the I-864 or if there is some way she could sponsor him for a work visa... or what type of sponsorship might he be talking about.

Bascially, my mother really likes him and has a very close relationship with his daughter - but she has retired and is on both social security and disability. So, I am not quite sure what type of sponsorship she would qualify for.

Can anyone help me here with some VERY basic information on types of sponsorship that exist?

Thanks!

Comment

I think it might be a family based AOS, where the petitioner doesn't make enough money by him/herself and need a 2nd sponsor. I doubt there's a work visa category where an individual (instead of an entity/company) can be a sponsor.

Comment

I would guess that he's probably talking about co-sponsorship.

Unless it was somehow an indirect marriage proposal Like mother, like daughter, attracting those foreign fellows (just kidding)
        Have a nice day

Comment

Thanks for all your help.

Gluhbirne... hehehe, the thought briefly crossed my mind, but then I thought his wife would be pretty darn surprised!!!

Comment

Working...
          X