Individual Merits Hearing for Prostitution Arrest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual Merits Hearing for Prostitution Arrest

I have my hearing in November. I was arrested for porstitution and massage without license. My lawyer had me plea to license charge and they did not file prostitution. Part of deal was to discuss the massage business I worked for with undercover agents who were trying to arrest the owners. Is this enough to lose? I am here on refugee status.

I have my hearing in November. I was arrested for porstitution and massage without license. My lawyer had me plea to license charge and they did not file prostitution. Part of deal was to discuss the massage business I worked for with undercover agents who were trying to arrest the owners. Is this enough to lose? I am here on refugee status.

Comment

This is a hearing before who? IJ or regular criminal court? please provide more details if you would like good advise.

Comment

before an immigration judge. they are supposed to bring in the policemen who investigated the case.

Comment

Again more details are needed. Is this a master hearing? And what are the reseans for your remove, if that is the case? If your assylum was approved, what the hell are you doing back before of an ij? If removable what country would they send you to?

Anyway provided more information because this does not make any sense, sorry!

Comment

Being an immigrant hating fascist that I am , I must say that your story does not surprise me at all.
            It's very typical of third world country nationals to come here to engage in prostitution. As Greatly admired Super-Scientist Mr. Darvin would say "Prostitution is in their genes!"
            http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1061492/i/040401292763.jpg

Comment

I am from China and I came here in Oct. 2004 as a spouse of a refugee (RE2). I was arrested for misdemeanor prostitution and felony unlicensed practice of healthcare (massage). I pled to a misdemeanor of unlicensed healthcare, the prostitution was dropped. Now I am faced with removal because of arrest for prositution. The paper says I am "subject to removal under Section 237(a)(1)(A) in that at the time of entry or adjustment, she was inadmissible because she engaged in prostitution within 10 years of the date of visa, admission, or adjustment under Section 212(a)(2)(D)(I)."

My husband was granted asylum and wihold of deport in 1999. He has filed an I-485 application. Do I have any defense to the removal charge? If I lose the hearing, what forms of relief should I apply for?

Comment

I hate to tell you my dear but your situation looks very grim! You will need lots of prayers, hopefully they produce a great lawyer. Sounds like the only reason for your removal is because you engaged in prostitution. So while the cops dropped that cahrge, ins did not.

Was your I-130 approved or is that why you filed the I-485?

BTW: Do you have any children?

Comment

Working...
                X