Doing online masters with a F1 Visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing online masters with a F1 Visa

I would like to know if you can enroll in Online Masters (full time) with a F1 -Visa. My husband is a consultant he moves from one state to another. I have a H1 visa for now but I was thinking if I switch to FI and do an online masters. Does the INS department allow that?
    Please help.

I would like to know if you can enroll in Online Masters (full time) with a F1 -Visa. My husband is a consultant he moves from one state to another. I have a H1 visa for now but I was thinking if I switch to FI and do an online masters. Does the INS department allow that?
    Please help.

Comment

It would be better if he just applied for a change of status to H-4. Not only will he avoid contending with an on-campus study requirement, but many schools give in-state tuition to people in H status.

Comment

Thanks. Actually, my husband is a green card holder. I am on H1 and want to change to F1 status. Since he travels a lot, I can do online masters only if INS allows that.

Comment

You can go to school on an H-1, provided you keep your job. If you are losing or leaving the job and are looking for another status, F-1 MIGHT work provided you find a school that is willing to cooperate. Check out University of Phoenix

Comment

Working...
          X