Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a Canadian sailor?? Please???

Good day,

I am a Canadian who is a licensed merchant marine. I would very much like to obtain an US work permit & SSN. There are more opportunities for myself in the US, & I would love to go work for American companies.

Now the last three months have been frustrating to say the least. I find that US immigration is without a doubt, the most complex in the world.

Does anyone know the easiest route for myself. I am a professional, who has reasonable funds & no criminal record. I do not wish to immigrate to the US - only to work for a short time (1-2 years). In any other country I should qualify with flying colours, however, the US immigration is difficult, & hence - my frustration.

I know a I-179 petition by an employer is a good route to go but I have had no luck in obtaining one. I have no close realatives in the US as well, and therefore no family to sponsor me.

The best I have done was finding a company in Louisiana whom has applied for some permits under the H-2B program. This was done in February and I am starting to have doubts if they will ever come at all.

Can anyone give me some advice on what route I can take. It would be very much appreciated by myself.

Thanks,

Alex

Good day,

I am a Canadian who is a licensed merchant marine. I would very much like to obtain an US work permit & SSN. There are more opportunities for myself in the US, & I would love to go work for American companies.

Now the last three months have been frustrating to say the least. I find that US immigration is without a doubt, the most complex in the world.

Does anyone know the easiest route for myself. I am a professional, who has reasonable funds & no criminal record. I do not wish to immigrate to the US - only to work for a short time (1-2 years). In any other country I should qualify with flying colours, however, the US immigration is difficult, & hence - my frustration.

I know a I-179 petition by an employer is a good route to go but I have had no luck in obtaining one. I have no close realatives in the US as well, and therefore no family to sponsor me.

The best I have done was finding a company in Louisiana whom has applied for some permits under the H-2B program. This was done in February and I am starting to have doubts if they will ever come at all.

Can anyone give me some advice on what route I can take. It would be very much appreciated by myself.

Thanks,

Alex

Comment

Working...
    X