Help with joint I 751 please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with joint I 751 please

I got married in 2001, went on my first interview in 2003 passed, the filed I-751 in 2004 immigration lost forms and then found them in Jan 2006 requested additional documents i sent them in may now i got my second interview in des 5th 2006 .My wife however had problem drinking and for a lack of a better word sleeping arround , bottom line she left me in June of 2006

I know from some of you r comments i should get A divorce and re schedule my interview but divorce takes 3-6 month and my interview is less than a month from now. Hopefully i can reschedule for 3 mo based on the fact that she is out of state once i have my divorce what do i do I withdraw my I 751 now and re file single with a waiver or wait for divorce to go troughand then re-file.?

Please Let me know if you can Advice...

Thanx

I got married in 2001, went on my first interview in 2003 passed, the filed I-751 in 2004 immigration lost forms and then found them in Jan 2006 requested additional documents i sent them in may now i got my second interview in des 5th 2006 .My wife however had problem drinking and for a lack of a better word sleeping arround , bottom line she left me in June of 2006

I know from some of you r comments i should get A divorce and re schedule my interview but divorce takes 3-6 month and my interview is less than a month from now. Hopefully i can reschedule for 3 mo based on the fact that she is out of state once i have my divorce what do i do I withdraw my I 751 now and re file single with a waiver or wait for divorce to go troughand then re-file.?

Please Let me know if you can Advice...

Thanx

Comment

Please Let me know if you can help with any advice...

Thanx

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">went on my first interview in 2003 passed, the filed I-751 in 2004 immigration lost forms and then found them in Jan 2006 requested additional documents i sent them in may now i got my second interview in des 5th 2006 .My wife however had problem drinking and for a lack of a better word sleeping arround , bottom line she left me in June of 2006

I know from some of you r comments i should get A divorce and re schedule my interview but divorce takes 3-6 month and my interview is less than a month from now. Hopefully i can reschedule for 3 mo based on the fact that she is out of state once i have my divorce what do i do I withdraw my I 751 now and re file single with a waiver or wait for divorce to go troughand then re-file.? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see if I understand you correctly.

2001 - Marriage
        2003 - First Interview
        2004 - Filing of I-751, paperwork disappears

Jan. 2006 - Paperwork reappears
        May 2006 - Sent additional papers
        Jun. 2006 - Your wife's alcoholic and sexual addictions made her leave you
        Dec. 2006 - Second Interview

Why on Earth would your wife stay married to you for so long, then leave you b/c she herself drank too much and had too much biological action?

Why on Earth would your wife leave you within a month of you sending in the paperwork?

As you make it sound, you hated the fact that your wife drank too much and was sexually addicted; yet you stayed with her for 5 years?

Which waiver are you thinking of using, if you think any apply?

Why did you wait until now, a month before your interview, to do all of this?

Go ahead with the interview anyway, she left you, which will only help your case, ask the AO if it's better for you to get divorced right away or not and explain everything to him, don't lie, tell the whole truth, also ask to withdraw your I-751. Immigration is more apt to approve you if you come out clean and are sincere with them, not if you lie.

Comment

thank u

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">thank u </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, but you're more than welcome. You have no idea how good it feels to help out those in times of need.

If you have any other questions or concerns that I could help you with, do feel free to ask.

Always my pleasure!

Comment

Working...
            X