advantages and disadvantages of k-3 spouse visa over fiancee visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advantages and disadvantages of k-3 spouse visa over fiancee visa

I am engaged to a woman from Mexico City and we are trying to decide if we should get married in Mexico or if it would be better to get a fiancee visa and get married up here. We have options to do both and differing opinions from just about everybody. I was wondering if there was anyone who could help me with some insite on which is better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am engaged to a woman from Mexico City and we are trying to decide if we should get married in Mexico or if it would be better to get a fiancee visa and get married up here. We have options to do both and differing opinions from just about everybody. I was wondering if there was anyone who could help me with some insite on which is better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I think the fastest way would be to get a fiance visa and get married in the States, it also depends on where you leave......I got married in my homecountry and came over with a K3 visa, upto date I still don't have my first green card, a friend of mine, got a fiancee visa, got married in America and once in the States got her green card in less than a year

Comment

Fiancee visa is better by far.

Infact the processing of a K3 will usually take much longer than a K1 visa.

And K1 is cheaper because the medicals are done abroad which is cheaper than doing here, depending on your country's exchange rate VS US dollar.

A K1 visa is much better, faster and cheaper, in my view.

Comment

I am a UK citizen and opted for the K1 visa.
          That took 12 months to process.
          Once here and married I'm waiting for my LPR which I'm informed should take 4 months.

Hindsight - I should have just got married and gone for K3.
          12 months apart was unbearable pressure.
          Good luck.

Comment

thank you for the advice

Comment

Do not use K3 unless you have to ie you are already married at the time of getting this advice.

By law, K-1 is the fastest.

Comment

Immigrate2us.net has posted timelines for each.

Comment

Working...
                X