Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-2B retention? Will I be approved of that?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-2B retention? Will I be approved of that?

I was interviewed at the Manila US Embassy under F2A category but was denied a visa because the consul told me that I aged out and that my petition will be converted to F1 which will take longer. But I was told that I could apply for an F-2B retention and was given requirements. My father filed the petition for me when he was still a lawful permamnent resident and I was under 21 than but then naturalized in 2003. Will I be approved of my F-2B retention? We already asked the NVC about this opt out even before this whole visa process and yet they still continue my visa process and just wasted almost 600 dollars.

I was interviewed at the Manila US Embassy under F2A category but was denied a visa because the consul told me that I aged out and that my petition will be converted to F1 which will take longer. But I was told that I could apply for an F-2B retention and was given requirements. My father filed the petition for me when he was still a lawful permamnent resident and I was under 21 than but then naturalized in 2003. Will I be approved of my F-2B retention? We already asked the NVC about this opt out even before this whole visa process and yet they still continue my visa process and just wasted almost 600 dollars.

Comment

No, you aged out. How old are you and how old were you when the petition was filed?

Comment

In 1999 I was less than 21 years old when my father filed the petition and naturalized in 2004 and I was 24 years old then . I did age out, thats what the consul told me and my petition will be converted to F1, but then I was told that I could opt out from F1 by applying F-2B. Are there any similar situations like me who got approved of F-2B retention since Im from the Philippines.

Comment

Sure, literally thousands. Send a letter to USCIS and say you want to remain on the F-2B

Comment

Working...
          X