Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great book by Senator Al Franken

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    That is the trouble with condos or any property complex subject to an association. The fewer payers there are the more expensive it is for those remaining. That's one reason I've stuck with single family dwellings outside the control of a hoa.

    Valuations seem to be meandering at the moment. With the economy beginning to show signs of real life I'm expecting a steep rise within the next year or so.

    There's a glut of would be buyers that have been sidelined for the past few years and a backlog homes needing to be built. Granted, a huge number of foreclosures are still out there with more on the way. Even with that it still leaves an overall shortage in what we actually need. Once buying kicks in, we'll see home prices outpace everything else.

    Buying on the low end needs more calculating risk than mid to upper levels. You've got increased job instability with the quality of tenants coupled to a magnified economic impact. However, when things turn, those will show the biggest percentage gains. That 20k fixer will hit 100k a lot quicker than one at 100 getting to 500. It's like playing penny stocks versus major banks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I won't bet on 20K fixer turning into a jackpot. Not after what I have learned in the process of looking for one.

    But if you have 300k-400k cash to invest, there are plenty of options out there. There are areas of this country in various states where the well
    off move in to in droves. When they just start moving in the prices are still moderate (around that 300-400 borderline). If you know where the next successful development will be (where they just broke off grounds for mall, shopping center and all) you may do even better. Get a land and build your house before large corps do.
    The folk who move there generally don't get hit by recession as bad as the others nationwide , the houses they move into are all brand new (highest value) and not only didn't they lose much in market value after 2007 but, I bet, will gain the most in years to come (under-priced now, being populated by higher income residents who, in long term, have an effect of perpetually raising the value of the area by simply being present there).
    This is the tendency and there was and still is major shift of population across the country connected to certain demographic and social factors.

    And no, I won't be one buying into it.
    First I have to create some satirical website, inspired by Al Franken books, mercilessly ridiculing the extreme right , to the point where
    I become a millionaire and they swallow the keyboards while looking into their monitors.
    And once succeeded, why would I need to worry about housing market and such?
    Gotta be smart in this business.

    Comment


    • #17
      There's already a gazillion left wingers mixing half truths and misquotes. Too many at this point to where it's become hoo hum. Those sites only make money when advertisers know the audience is large. Anger only holds attention so long.
      This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

      Comment


      • #18
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE2:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
        OLDE how could you ever side with the left in the here and now??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

        That was easy: I just figured who is who. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Olde, Are you employed by the government?? They could care less about you! You are free spirited Individual which makes you in the here and now not Important! Democracy is not the Original Democracy! The new Democracy is those within power that wish to retain their place within power, not for you and I. To secure their Power and protect it. You Olde friend they are not there for you! Unless you are part of the Government. Those in Government got greedy, $$$ Tax payer dollars to support you, After a while it becomes like Cocaine. The government protects the government "Not the People". Self sustaining Method!
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

        Comment


        • #19
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
          There's already a gazillion left wingers mixing half truths and misquotes. Too many at this point to where it's become hoo hum. Those sites only make money when advertisers know the audience is large. Anger only holds attention so long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

          I don't think this is an accurate characterization of what we actually observe in real world.
          I don't see gazillion Rush Limbaugh style left wingers screaming off the top of their lungs from hundreds of extreme left wing funded radio stations. It just isn't happening.

          What you call "left wing" has made some very big mistakes in decades past. Among them antagonizing the military and national security institutions, the very things that make existence of America possible, antagonizing the majority of population that had supported Liberal causes throughout Roosevelt years and by advocating policies that looked more like revenge than justice.
          But you can't accuse it of running gazillion Rush Limbaugh sort of stations all over the country. Your side does that.

          Lastly, I never said that I want to sell anger. Anger might be a natural response to unprovoked imbecility coupled with impunity, but I didn't say it's business model I emulate and I never suggested that I will sell angry tirades. Read what I wrote:
          "...I have to create some satirical website, inspired by Al Franken books, mercilessly ridiculing the extreme right , to the point where
          I become a millionaire and they swallow the keyboards while looking into their monitors.
          And once succeeded, why would I need to worry about housing market and such?"

          So long.

          Comment


          • #20
            Politics is the one thing where anger, not $ex, sells.

            The 'Limbaugh' type outlets aren't as plentiful as those espousing the left's ideas. He's got focus because he's good at it and the left strongly disagrees with him. Heated opposition begets instant name recognition and popularity.

            The left on the other hand consists of most news outlets, most on-line political blogs, and the majority of sites devoted to political controversy. From NBC, NPR, etc. to the huffington post, it's left leaning to one degree or another. They're easy to forget when you acquiesce and agree with them.

            However, a requirement for credibility that can't be fudged is being a plank owner to the country's politics. If any foreign born person attempts such a thing their mutterings will be filtered through a nationalistic prism by the reader. Most if not all the intended impact will be lost through dismissive assumptions. The edge is lost making getting under their skin about as likely as using a sheet of paper to gut a bull.
            This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

            Comment


            • #21
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
              Politics is the one thing where anger, not $ex, sells.

              The 'Limbaugh' type outlets aren't as plentiful as those espousing the left's ideas. He's got focus because he's good at it and the left strongly disagrees with him. Heated opposition begets instant name recognition and popularity.

              The left on the other hand consists of most news outlets, most on-line political blogs, and the majority of sites devoted to political controversy. From NBC, NPR, etc. to the huffington post, it's left leaning to one degree or another. They're easy to forget when you acquiesce and agree with them.

              However, a requirement for credibility that can't be fudged is being a plank owner to the country's politics. If any foreign born person attempts such a thing their mutterings will be filtered through a nationalistic prism by the reader. Most if not all the intended impact will be lost through dismissive assumptions. The edge is lost making getting under their skin about as likely as using a sheet of paper to gut a bull. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

              But I am not planning to run for an office or engage in politics , in traditional meaning of the word.

              To run a satirical website inspired by Al Franken is not the same as running for his Senatorial seat.
              It is great that he has chosen to become a Senator, but I have no such ambitions.

              Impact of Satire can never be underestimated. It is a joke that makes a JOKE of its' adversaries.

              Comment


              • #22
                If you wanted to run, MN would be the place to do it in. For what ever reason, that state has a habit of electing people not normally considered part of the political persuasion. Then again, CA elected Arnold.

                Repubs generally don't gravitate to sites where they are being ridiculed or lampooned. Maybe it's because there is already an abundance of political poking that any more is to a numb hide.
                This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I have heard of this peculiarity of MN where people vote into office candidates that would never be elected in any other State.
                  Jesse Ventura seems to have set a precedent there and AL Franken , to my great delight, followed it.Perhaps you are right, if I ever chose to run for public office I would make a move to MN first. No such plans though.

                  Comment

                  Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                  Home Page

                  Immigration Daily

                  Archives

                  Processing times

                  Immigration forms

                  Discussion board

                  Resources

                  Blogs

                  Twitter feed

                  Immigrant Nation

                  Attorney2Attorney

                  CLE Workshops

                  Immigration books

                  Advertise on ILW

                  EB-5

                  移民日报

                  About ILW.COM

                  Connect to us

                  Questions/Comments

                  SUBSCRIBE

                  Immigration Daily



                  Working...
                  X