Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsoring wife while on green card

hi,

I currently have a green card and expect to get my citizenship in about 6 months (just completed my fingerprints). I recently got married. My question is, if I apply for my wife while I'm on my green card, once I get my citizenship can I change the application for her to get a K visa. And if so can the processing time be transferred to the K visa application.

thanks,

hi,

I currently have a green card and expect to get my citizenship in about 6 months (just completed my fingerprints). I recently got married. My question is, if I apply for my wife while I'm on my green card, once I get my citizenship can I change the application for her to get a K visa. And if so can the processing time be transferred to the K visa application.

thanks,

Comment

Where is your spouse? In the US?

Comment

Canada

Comment

I've heard of people filing and then "upgrading" their petition. You could do that or you could wait until you are a citizen and file for your spouse and then she can enter and live here with a K3 visa while her petition is pending.
          It may be easier to wait and do it when you are a citizen. I think there is a lesser risk of something happening to your petition, like being lost...

I'm not sure though, maybe someone else has an opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X