Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my wife apply with me?

Hi, here is the background on my case:

My USC sister submitted an I-130 for me back in 1999. Within the past few months I was notified to submit the visa processing fee which I sent.
    I now realize that I qualify to adjust status using the I-485, due to my original filing date under the LIFE act I-245. I will be wrting the NVC a letter which states I will be adjusting status under the I-485 (and lose my money since the fees are non-refundable).

My priority date is now current and I have since married and need to know the following:

1) Can I include a I-485 for my wife, along with my application for I-485 (& EAD)??

2) if not, at what point can I include her in my application so that we can both receive our green cards at the same time?

Any insight you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you kindly

This link provides information on who can be sponsored for a green card. For US citizen, it only states brother/sister in that category, so not sure if spouse and/or children would be eligible. Maybe someone else here can help you. Good luck!

http://www.vidagolaw.com/blog/...or-for-a-green-card/

Comment

YOu have to refile if you have got married since the first I485 or I130 was filed.

Comment

Working...
      X