Waiting on a name change on SSN card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on a name change on SSN card

I went 2 have my name chaged to my married name as shown on my GC @ our local SS office but they told me they have to verify that the Green Card I showed them is legit... " and it is" so now Im still waiting this is the 2nd week gone now. Does anyone know how much longer I gotta wait. I mean with this day and age I would think their computers communicate I mean D A M N!! !!!!!
    AOS from F1 "overstay" to
    Sept.2004 Got hitched
    10/03/06 AOS packet mailed
    10.09.06 recieved
    10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
    10.18.06 all Touched
    10.19.06 I 765 Touched and Medical mailed
    10.24.06 recieved biometrics letter
    10.26.06 I 130 touched

I went 2 have my name chaged to my married name as shown on my GC @ our local SS office but they told me they have to verify that the Green Card I showed them is legit... " and it is" so now Im still waiting this is the 2nd week gone now. Does anyone know how much longer I gotta wait. I mean with this day and age I would think their computers communicate I mean D A M N!! !!!!!
    AOS from F1 "overstay" to
    Sept.2004 Got hitched
    10/03/06 AOS packet mailed
    10.09.06 recieved
    10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
    10.18.06 all Touched
    10.19.06 I 765 Touched and Medical mailed
    10.24.06 recieved biometrics letter
    10.26.06 I 130 touched

Comment

I applied for my SSN last Friday and they told me, upto 4 weeks

Comment

A weird SS office u went to...never heard that before

Comment

i when last thursday and they told me 4 weeks, i also notice that some people get their SS card in just one week, lets see if hold true. Today makes a week for me.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
            A weird SS office u went to...never heard that before </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do that to everybody these days. It's not just one Social Security office that does, everyone of them do. If they don't then they are following the rules.

Comment

Working...
            X