Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved petition of Daughter over 21

Hi,
    My family (Dad is a citizenship holder now, Mom and brother green card holder and sister has H1)submitted I-130 to USCIS on month of june 2006. Petition was approved on May 2007. I am over 21 and would like to know how long will the wait be. Because as per now I am clueless about what to do further. I mean I really wanted to do my Masters. It has been 4 yrs I have been in Nepal. Any idea how long the wait be?

Hi,
    My family (Dad is a citizenship holder now, Mom and brother green card holder and sister has H1)submitted I-130 to USCIS on month of june 2006. Petition was approved on May 2007. I am over 21 and would like to know how long will the wait be. Because as per now I am clueless about what to do further. I mean I really wanted to do my Masters. It has been 4 yrs I have been in Nepal. Any idea how long the wait be?

Comment

hehehe well come to the club. don't worry your time will come. dhairya gara samay aauchha hehehehe!

Comment

As an unmarried(?) daughter/son of USC (I assume your father petitioned for you), you are in F1 category... You have to wait for your priority date (june 2006) to become current. At the moment, current (ready to be processed and an immigration interview conducted) are petitions filed in Oct 2001
        http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3761.html

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Susil:
          hehehe well come to the club. don't worry your time will come. dhairya gara samay aauchha hehehehe! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well, samaya ta aucha .. tara khele bhanna kojeko matri ho. 7 to 8 yrs lagyo bhane ??? god it is so unfair.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
            As an unmarried(?) daughter/son of USC (I assume your father petitioned for you), you are in F1 category... You have to wait for your priority date (june 2006) to become current. At the moment, current (ready to be processed and an immigration interview conducted) are petitions filed in Oct 2001
            http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3761.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your post aneri.
            Yeah I have been keeping track of the visa bulletin. Since in NVC web site it said it is adjudicated by the category and then by country of birth I am little optimistic about the time. I actually downloaded and analysis the data they have posted for people like us. As up till now there aren't very many people who hold citizenship of US whose origin was Nepali like from India or china. So each year that quota out of 7% of annual limit and for family based immigration 2% per country is not filled, I think. Those unused quota for Citizen's children, is used to immigrate for category 4 applicant. I am not quite sure about it though. But by the research I have done in few sites of immigration and law, I am assuming or with my data analysis the wait should not be that long.
            I have another comment on visa bulletin. I mean why can't embassy office abroad collect the accurate data (current processing case)so that NVC can tell their petitioner the average time. Or even post the current adjudicating date at the embassy in their website.
            I think this won't make people like us panicked and help us plan accordingly.
            This is just a suggestion may be i am not understanding what their problems are. Yeah! We should really expect immigration reform from this corner from next presidency.
            Thanks aneri for your advice though.

Comment

Oh well, samaya ta aucha .. tara khele bhanna kojeko matri ho. 7 to 8 yrs lagyo bhane ??? God it is so unfair.[/QUOTE]

teti dhreai lagdaina Sabita come on! Actually kam soche jati chado hudo rahenachha hai, tara pani huna ta hunchha nai. hami haruko pani socheko bhanda ali dhilo nai bhairaheko chha herana...oh God! arulai herera chitta bujhaunu parchha hehehehe..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Susil:
                ... God it is so unfair. ... hehehehe.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand the rest of the post, but the quoted line stood out.

In my personal view, GOD doesn't intervene in two aspects of life: in US immigration and in golf.

(Just kidding!)

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
                  ... God it is so unfair. ... hehehehe.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand the rest of the post, but the quoted line stood out.

In my personal view, GOD doesn't intervene in two aspects of life: in US immigration and in golf.

(Just kidding!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True that...
                  I am not literaly talking about the immigration as an issue..but haven't met my family since 4 years. My family has settled in US .. I can't ask them to come back just for me..So this wait actually kills.
                  reform should happen... I wonder how many others have same problem like I do

Comment

Seriously this time. Why don't you opt for the employment-based immigration route just like your sister who as you said is in the US as an H-1B nonimmigrant worker? With your family's connection, they can surely find a willing US business that can file a petition for you come April 2008. Likewise, depending on your credentials, you may qualify for the EB-2 immigrant visa category that's becoming "C"urrent next month. If everything goes well, you could be here sometime within next year.

You're clamoring for an immigration reform? Yes, it's long overdue. But what's needed is a genuine comprehensive immigration reform, unlike the one that was killed in the US Senate a few months ago. Because had it passed, most of the family-based categories (including yours, F1) should have been "sacrificed" in favor of employment-based preferences. Your timeline should have been pushed further backwards, much worse than it already is today.

Comment

thank you for your eye opening suggestion.. I never thought about that..
                      I really appreciate it

Comment

katti dherai chinta gareko? us ma bhayera pani khas teti khusi ta mildaina ni..aafu janmeko dharti ra aafno janma dine aama babu bhanda thulo yo sansarma aru kehi pani hudaina! tara family sanga tadha hunule chinta lagnu sobhabik nai ho. that's true!

Comment

Sabita, dubai hatma laddoo hudaina bhaneko jasto, janma dine aama babu sanga najik hunu parda, janmeko dharti dekhi tadha huna pugne rahechha hehehehe..good luck anyway!

Comment

Sabita, dubai hatma laddoo hudaina bhaneko jasto, janma dine aama babu sanga najik hunu parda, janmeko dharti dekhi tadha huna pugne rahechha hehehehe..good luck anyway! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sushil, do you know me?? I mean you sound like someone I know..

Comment

No yar i don't know you Sabita. but now i know you after i red your story. but don't worry you will be here soon. good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X