American Woman Marrying Polish Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Woman Marrying Polish Man

Hello..I have met a wonderful man who is Polish and we are planning on marrying in the future. Has anyone out there been in a similar situation? What is the best way to get him here? If I go to Poland and marry him what documentation will I need and how soon could he get a visa? Thanks for any advice....

Hello..I have met a wonderful man who is Polish and we are planning on marrying in the future. Has anyone out there been in a similar situation? What is the best way to get him here? If I go to Poland and marry him what documentation will I need and how soon could he get a visa? Thanks for any advice....

Comment

I'm in the same boat - my man is from Eastern Europe . . we've looked at the process and it appears to be a long one. You'll want to start planning if you want it to happen soon. We haven't figured out the quickest way to proceed but there doesn't appear to be one. Good luck!

Comment

Hi pawcity, Shar1

The quickest way is "direct consular filing -DCF", but not all countries allow it and the ones that do, have different requirements:

"The U.S. Embassy in Warsaw and the Consulate General in Kraków accept petitions only for family members of U.S. citizens resident in the region served by Warsaw and Kraków, respectively. Petitions for all other visa categories must be filed with the BCIS."

DCF means submiting I-130 petition to the consulate instead of to USCIS. The couple has to be married.

One option is fiancee K1 visa. How long it takes depends on your USCIS service centar and the embassy in foreign country. The process is described here http://warsaw.usembassy.gov/poland/Fiance_Visas.html

You can also get married in Poland, and apply for spousal visa in the US. Read about K3 and CR-1/IR-1 visas. It looks like K3s are not taking too long at the moment: NBC is now processing form I-129 from January 2006!

Comment

Working...
        X