Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice.

Hello,
    I came to the states five years ago as a student. I applied for the green card around fifteen months after I arrived. I lost the case with INS because of the one-year-period deadline. I went to the court and after a lot of hesitation, it was denied for the same reason. I appealed within 13 days and in the meantime I got married with a US citizen. I applied through our marriage application to INS and now we are waiting to hear from them. It has been around 6 months. Any experienced advice as to where we go from here would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
    Shinho

Hello,
    I came to the states five years ago as a student. I applied for the green card around fifteen months after I arrived. I lost the case with INS because of the one-year-period deadline. I went to the court and after a lot of hesitation, it was denied for the same reason. I appealed within 13 days and in the meantime I got married with a US citizen. I applied through our marriage application to INS and now we are waiting to hear from them. It has been around 6 months. Any experienced advice as to where we go from here would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
    Shinho

Comment

Have you been in deportation proceedings?
      You say you went to Court.
      Did Judge order you to leave the country, voluntarily or otherwise?
      You will have a lot of headache convincing the Government that your marriage is bona fide if you are in deportation proceedings at the time your marriage based AOS is filed.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X