Alien sentenced to life in prison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien sentenced to life in prison

What happens if an alien is sentenced to life in prison?

What happens if an alien is sentenced to life in prison?

Comment

he is sent to prison to serve a life sentence.

Comment

She doesn't get deported to her home country? Why?

Comment

Because she has been sentenced to life.

Theres a difference between being sentended to life and being deported.

Being sentenced to life is spending rest of life in prison and being deported is being sent back home.

Those are 2 very different things.

Comment

I understand that, but what about the standard that criminal aliens are to be deported?

Comment

Then after their life sentence is over - they would be deported. Of course, most people don't outlive their 'life sentences'...

Of course, the USA also will (and does) hold some aliens indefinatley without even charging them.. Here and abroad...

ARQU

Comment

Oh yes...

If you sponsored that alien in - guess who pays the costs of keeping them in prision for life...

That's right - you... So be very careful and be sure about what you are doing before signing the affidavit of support...

ARQU

Comment

I just think that is ridiculous!! Why aren't they deported to have their country take care of them? What does the USA get out of this?

Comment

i thought you typically get transferred out to prison of your country of origin after some time they keep you here. at least that's how it works in europe.

Comment

The reason you have to serve out your sentence here is coz thats where the crime was committed.

AFTER YOU COMPLETE that sentence here, you get sent back home.The US cannot trust another country to handle the jail part of the sentencing because how would they know whether you got released?

I think the US government can recover the costs of the jail upkeep from the person who signed the affidavit of support, because if you read the document, it talks of 'public charge or public benefit' or something like that. Thats why sponsors should follow LPRs until they become USCs, once they sign their I864s; otherwise you are legally bound by what they may do.

I have always wondered what would happen if one gets FAFSA loans when still CPR, and spouse refuses to cooperate at removal of conditions and the LPR (CPR) is kicked out of USA. Who pays the loan to the US govt?

Comment

can you really get FAFSA loans when you are still a CPR?

depending on agreements between the USA and alien's country of origins, criminals can be transferred - if that's a part of the treaty.

Comment

Yep, you can get every loan you apply for as PR, whether you are CPR or full LPR.

If they deny me my I751, they can forget the $30K they gave me coz I cant repay it!

Comment

I dont have $30K straight up, though I can work and pay back if they let me stay.

Comment

There is "Life" and "Life without Parole."

Is it a State or Federal sentence?
                              Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Working...
                              X