Aguila's Case Update: Scheduled Infopass Appointment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aguila's Case Update: Scheduled Infopass Appointment

After waiting and waiting patiently for a response to a couple of case status inquiries I put through the USCIS National Customer Service line [1-800] and not getting any feedback I decided to schedule an infopass appointment at Newark District Office for 10/19/04.

I want to know if my file remains at VSC for adjudication even though they are processing 14 months ahead of my initial filing [back on January of 2003]or if they have fowarded my file to Newark for an interview and they forgot to notify me and the file is sitting there waiting to be schedule for an interview.

I am getting ready to go back home and I need to have peace of mind that I will be able to come back to the US hassle-free.

I wish I will get something in the mail before the appointment date, it could be possible since VSC seems to be working on March 2004 I-751's and my second filing shows a NOA receipt date of 3/29/04...

After waiting and waiting patiently for a response to a couple of case status inquiries I put through the USCIS National Customer Service line [1-800] and not getting any feedback I decided to schedule an infopass appointment at Newark District Office for 10/19/04.

I want to know if my file remains at VSC for adjudication even though they are processing 14 months ahead of my initial filing [back on January of 2003]or if they have fowarded my file to Newark for an interview and they forgot to notify me and the file is sitting there waiting to be schedule for an interview.

I am getting ready to go back home and I need to have peace of mind that I will be able to come back to the US hassle-free.

I wish I will get something in the mail before the appointment date, it could be possible since VSC seems to be working on March 2004 I-751's and my second filing shows a NOA receipt date of 3/29/04...

Comment

Hang in there.

Soon you will here from Newark people.

Comment

Agiula,
        You were patient all that time, and you don't need to give up at the end! You'll hear from VSC sooner or later, they cannot keep it on the shelve forever and you know those kind of cases take longer time to process.

Just wait and hopefully you'll receive something soon.

Good luck.

Comment

I am afraid they will arrest you and deport you ! Don't go ! Newark is a dangerous place !!!

Comment

Micheal at times you are funny.

How did you know its dangerous? Or are you one of those people who deport people at Newark USCIS?

Well, Aguila is not illegal so no one can deport him!

Comment

Uhhh John Doe; you haven't been following the story here; Aguila is my best friend so I say this without any evil intent; A married USC, AOS, I751, she divorces him before I751, he does the abuse story thingy and waiver for abuse. Standard fraudster pattern here, we see it all the time here at BCIS. They come in sooner or later and bam, we lock em away for a couple of years.

Comment

Michael giving Aguila advice? Best friends?

Something very WRONG here.
                Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Aguila,

As you know, the folks are Newark are actually very friendly and helpful (usually) once you actually get there to see them in person. I think you are taking the correct steps and have waited long enough to at least hear something about your pending application. This will help.

Do you have your INFOPASS app't scheduled yet? If not, try doing it late at night or early in the morning. Then you will get an app't exactly 2 weeks out. You no longer line up on the street by the courthouse; you take your printed app't sheet to the front doors of the INS building and go in that way.

Once on the 3rd floor, you will stand in a line to get your number. You then sit and wait. Things move fairly 'fast' in the morning, then slow to an utter crawl from 12:00 to 2:00, then it picks up again (staggered lunch shifts for the counter folks). They say they'll only let you inside 15 mins before your app't time but I bet you could get in 30 minutes or so early.

By the way - to park, simply take the road running south that is just east of the building (1 block east of Broad St - and runs one-way southbound. Drive about 2 or 3 blocks south of the INS building (by the courthouse/post office) and you will see a McDonalds. Turn East there and park along the side of the road. It is legal and free - just lock your doors bud!

Good luck!

ARQU

Comment

Injoy:

I have been patient enough and I could keep being patient until they adjudicate my case but I must know that I did not miss any mail [I moved several times during the pendency of my case] and if they tell me that my file remains at VSC is fine, but I cannot afford to make a trip outside the US and not being able to comeback for some reason...

Michael:

I agree with you that Newark is a dangerous place but not precisely because of USCIS, instead for the high-crime rate, adittionally Newark is the city # 1 in the World on car-h.i.j.a.c.k.i.n.g.s

ARQU:

I got an appointment already for 8am, I am planning to be there at 7:30am. I want to be out of there as soon as possible to see if I make on time at work.

Thank you for the parking instructions, but I will not drive there since I am planning to go to work right after, a nj transit train will have in nyc pretty fast. Adittionally I hate to park in Newark for the reasons I gave to Michael...

Another question for you I have, non-immigration but since you have live in NJ for a while:

I got into a car accident in Hoboken last week, basically it was mostly my fault, and I got 3 tickets, 2 of them are 2 points each, have you ever used a traffic attorney here in NJ? I know that with a good lawyer I could get them dismissed and pay a heavy fine but saving me from getting those points on my driving record...for now I am counting on a friend that I want to have a backup should he fall as sleep on it.

Thank you

Comment

Aguila:

8:00 is a very good app't time! You may be out in a timely manner but there will still be a line and some waiting involved...

No - I haven't used a traffic attorney here. I usually go and plead those things myself. However, it sounds like they 'piled-on' the tickets so perhaps a lawyer can help negotiate that out. Of course, you can always attempt to meet with the prosecutor before the case (on the trial date) and plead it yourself - those lines are often long and you only get a minute or two to tell your side and try to plea it before it gets in front of a judge. They ALWAYS plea them out (lessor points, different charge, etc...) but the real trick is knowing what is best in your case. Perhaps a lawyer can get one or two dismissed and that will leave only one charge to deal with.

But it can be to your advantage to get a lawyer who works with that prosecutor a lot. Go to that specific traffic court and see who interacts well with them - and get their card. But then again - traffic court is never fun / not even just as a spectator.

Sounds like with 3 tickets issued - it was indeed 'mostly your fault'! But it is worth fighting - the insurance is going to kill you(highest in the USA right here in good ol' NJ...).

I'll look forward to hearing how your visit goes...

ARQU.

Comment

Also, the fewer traffic violations, the fewer you will have to report on your N-400. I'd try to get rid of as many as you can.

Comment

ARQU:

I assume that with the 8am appointment I will get one of the first numbers ah? I know they will try to get my expired conditional green card from me, and I am very attached to it, any ideas/tips to avoid giving it away if asked for? I think you told me once that you were able to get out of there without giving it away.

I did not fully stop at a stop signed intersection and a car hit me on the passenger window as I was crossing the intersection. I did not have lights on [1 ticket no points], failed to recognize the stop sign [1 ticket 2 points] and I got the 'careless driving' [1 ticket 2 points]... I dont mind about the ligths I will pay that one, but the other two I must do something about it...my friend -the attorney said that if he change those to other violations he could be able to get no points in my license and if I do not get points then my insurance would not go up. He said it will cost around $500 bucks which is money for me but it is worth if I do not get my insurance premium raised.

sphyrapicus3:

I don't think one must report traffic tickets on the N-400... am I wrong?

Comment

can't you just say you lost the card and provide them a copy of the card?

Comment

Eagle,

Yes, you must indicate ALL traffic violations.

Section D (Good Moral Character)

16. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including INS and military officers) for any reason?

Comment

Working...
                              X