Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Delay

Greetings,
    I'm very frustrated w/ the time it takes to process I-751. My notice date is Nov/2004 and still waiting...

I recently got a new stamp on my passport and the officer at the infopass was surprised that my file was still at the Nebraska Service Center. The senator's office here told my lawyer that when they inquired about my case, NSC said that it is w/ an officer under review. I also called the 800 number and got the same response claiming that I should receive a decision within 60 days. It has been more than 90 days...and nothing.

When I filed the N400 I got a notice from NSC stating that the N400 and i751 will be consolidated into an A file and then sent to the i751 unit for processing; once it is approved they will start processing the N400. I am a bit confused about what they mean by ˜A file'. Also is there a way to find out where they are w/ the i751? are there any security checks w/ the i751? How can I tell if the delay is from CIS or w/ the background check?

Thanks in advance....

Greetings,
    I'm very frustrated w/ the time it takes to process I-751. My notice date is Nov/2004 and still waiting...

I recently got a new stamp on my passport and the officer at the infopass was surprised that my file was still at the Nebraska Service Center. The senator's office here told my lawyer that when they inquired about my case, NSC said that it is w/ an officer under review. I also called the 800 number and got the same response claiming that I should receive a decision within 60 days. It has been more than 90 days...and nothing.

When I filed the N400 I got a notice from NSC stating that the N400 and i751 will be consolidated into an A file and then sent to the i751 unit for processing; once it is approved they will start processing the N400. I am a bit confused about what they mean by ˜A file'. Also is there a way to find out where they are w/ the i751? are there any security checks w/ the i751? How can I tell if the delay is from CIS or w/ the background check?

Thanks in advance....

Comment

Strange to hear that your N400 has been placed behind the I751. My understanding is that if the N400 is being processed and the I751 has not been decided, they will be done at the same time.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Very strange...Not sure what to do now except keep calling and making inquries. I hope this does not drag for another year or so and I wish USCIS provides a way to monitor the progress of the case.

Comment

Sammy, any clue or idea why my case is taking this long? You seem to be the EXPERT here. I appreciate your help.

Comment

I AM the expert here; and I see through your obvious fraud. Why are you so anxious my shifty friend? Can't wait to get that card in your hand. Hmm; seems you seem overly concerned. Obviously USCIS has caught onto you as well and at this very moment they are preparing a cell for you in one of our many secret detention centers in Eastern Europe for questioning. HASTA LA VISTA !!!! And thank you for visiting America.

Comment

LOL@ Michael

Comment

NO, your N400 application wont be finalized till your conditional residency is Approved.

The same thing happened to me. Don't worry, just sit and wait.

Your I751 can take up to 3 years to finalize, and ones you get the new green card permanent resident status your N400 will be completed.

more info: go here
                http://i751.wordpress.com/tag/english/

Comment

wow,
                  I am sure the guy who asked this question back in December 02, of 2005...
                  is really gonna care and read what u said in 2007.

check the date when a topic started and basically ended....

it does not take much of intelligent,to check the date of a question started!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
                    wow,
                    I am sure the guy who asked this question back in December 02, of 2005...
                    is really gonna care and read what u said in 2007.

check the date when a topic started and basically ended....

it does not take much of intelligent,to check the date of a question started!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! see what I mean?

Comment

Working...
                    X