X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I751 and green card extension

Hi,

My husband and I filed I751 in May 2003. My green card was extended until July 2004. It doesn't look like the Petition will be processed by that time. Will I be automaticlly granted another extension? Or?

Hope someone can answer.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

My husband and I filed I751 in May 2003. My green card was extended until July 2004. It doesn't look like the Petition will be processed by that time. Will I be automaticlly granted another extension? Or?

Hope someone can answer.

Thanks a lot

Comment

aneri:

You remain in status until there is a decision on your I-751. Now if you need PROOF of your status either for employment or travel purposes, you could go to your local office once the Notice of Action expires, or a couple of weeks before, and get an I-551 stamp in your passport.

Comment

Aquila,

Thank you so much. Your reply is very much appreciated.

The tricky part is that I am not in the USA (due to my husbands job) at the moment. I just talked to the US Embassy employee and her suggestion was to go back to the USA and obtain Re-entry permit.

Q: Re-entry permit or I-551 stamp? (I am staying outside then USA less then 12 months at the time).
        Q: To get I-551 stamp, do I need ti file some forms?

Thanks again.

Comment

Aneri

What Serv. Center did you file 751 at? An answer may very well be in your mailbox as we speak here hopefully . In anyway, if you are coming back to USA before NOA expires, (the noa extends the expiration date on your greencard) then it does not matter. At that time go to your local office for stamp until 751 decision.

Do not stay outside of USA without legal documents supporting your status for re-entry.

Comment

Thanks 4now,

I like your optimism... but we have a normal mailing address in the USA, and all mail is being forwarded to us. Nothing for now.
            I filed I-751 with Nebraska SC.
            I did not plan to travel to the USA before July, when NOA expires, but now it looks like I have to book a flight.. I was hopping I would hear from NSC sooner..

Once I-751 is approved (now I am being optimistic), how much in advance will we be informed about the interview date or whatever will be next?

This site has been of great help to me. Thanks everybody!

Comment

hi Aneri

just checked proc. times for NBC. u are very close but no guarantee before july.

Anyway, if you get approved by mail, there is no interview! You will have to take new pics for the new greencard, your expired gc, and passport to local office.

Best wishes. and please keep us posted.

Comment

Hello,

My wife filed the I-751 at the VCS in May of 2002 and her second year GC extention expires in July. However, she needs to travel oversees so we'll have to go to 26 Fed Plaza in NYC to have her passport stamped for another year. Does anybody aware of any delays due to, say, some background check or something that could prevent her passprt from being stamped again?

Thanks

Comment

I don't think background check plays any role in getting extension stamp while waiting for I 751 to be adjudicated .... She must receive another stamp before going out of USA if it expires in near future ... Good luck

Comment

Hi Mkverel

VCS is currently working on Jan 2003 appliciations. It is past your date. It sounds like your 751 may be local for an interview.. In anyway you need to do an official Inquiry with Immi Officer (no fake clerks) It is past 24 months. Have you applied for N-400 citizenship? if not do so asap as it may help force adjudication of your petition.

Let us know

Comment

JohnDoe:

4now comments were directed to mkverel and not to the original poster of this thread.

Comment

Hi everybody,

As advised, I am taking a trip to USA before my GC expires.

As for the GC extension - I was told that I'll be fingerprinted and issued a new GC, valid for 1 year, at the same day. We shall see...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation