CSS/LULAC applicants PLEASE READ

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caliguy:
    Application Type: I687, APPLICATION FOR STATUS AS A TEMPORARY RESIDENT

Current Status: Fingerprint fee accepted; receipt notice mailed and case pending.

On July 10, 2005, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Your case is now pending. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

that's the new status for the case.. it just changed this morning/last night </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi caliguy,

That's what mine also says now.
    I think the USCIS changed some of their messages.
    Maybe to be more understandable?

I created an account with the USCIS to keep track of my case. It shows you the last date your file got updated and you can also opt to have the system send you an e-mail notifying you that your case has been updated.

Freedom1.

Comment

The weird coincidence is that i've only read about the change for people who have already had an interview.

or maybe USCIS just changed the messages, but it would be too much of a coincidence..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caliguy:
        The weird coincidence is that i've only read about the change for people who have already had an interview.

or maybe USCIS just changed the messages, but it would be too much of a coincidence.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true. I hope CIS is ready to adjucate these cases. That would be a GREAT xmas present!.

Or maybe is just my wishful thinking...

Hey caliguy, when I went to my interview, at the end of it, my lawyer asked the officer if she need it anything else so we could start working on it right away. She said that she had everything and that we should hear back within 30 days. Today is day 31.

Freedom1.

Comment

Caliguy & Freedom, my status also shows the same; fingertprint accepted, receipt notice mailed, and case pending. Mine first said; fingerprint fee received and processing has resumed. Now it says fingerprint fe ACCEPTED, that's got to mean something good. Anyhew, I am going to remain optimistic and hope for the best.

Regards
          Goodgam

Comment

I am getting the same updated message now. I have one question...My LIFE application shows that it is in California Service center but my I-678 and I-131 in MIssiouri Service center.. why is that? Does anybody have any idea?.. I live in ATlanta..why my LIFE case in California???? not in Missourri...

Comment

Any news guys?

Next Tuesday will bet 60 days since my interview at the Los Angeles office.

No updates(online) and or letters.

Comment

Too many applicants got interviewed for css/lulac late amnesty I-687 and after more than two yeas they still waiting for decision.

The button line is USCIS or the government not abiding by the court settlement and they are above the law no mater you like or not.
                Let your lawyer contact the center for human right Peter Schey and discuss the issue with him.
                We need a new class action to force USCIS to process these applications in timely manner otherwise we goanna keep waiting for ever.

Comment

What about if we were to file a "writ of mandamus" against the USCIS?

Would this be possible?

Freedom1.

Comment

Well just a little update... The case has moved from Los Angeles Office --&gt; Missouri Office --&gt; National Benefits Center

As you can see from a post above by me, the case was in Missouri Service Center, and it was like that for months since the interview. Now, well I guess I just noticed, some hope.. It seems it is in the last step before getting adjucated. Well I hope this gets resolved soon, been waiting for anything to happen for a long time.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CARPI:
                      Hi, I had my interview well, my third enterview for lulac.It went perfect a couple of questions, nice officer etc.etc She told me to wait 30 days. Well that was back on July 2005 30 days ago (more than a year 1/2 later)I received an intent of denial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

I was reading the proposed settlement of the legalization class action lawsuit that is ongoing in the Washington Western District Court,

Class definition:

All persons who entered the United States prior to January 1, 1982, who are
                        otherwise eligible for legalization under INA §245A, 8 U.S.C. §1255a, and 1) who
                        were deterred from timely filing an application for legalization because of INS's
                        regulations and policies, or 2) who filed a legalization application and a) the
                        application remains pending, or b) the application was denied, or c) the application
                        was granted and then later the applicant was subjected to the termination process, or
                        d) the applicant has otherwise not been approved for permanent resident status, and
                        who:

[1] Violated the terms of their nonimmigrant status prior to January 1, 1982
                        in a manner known to the government because documentation (including
                        the absence of certain records) existed in one or more government agencies
                        which, taken as a whole, would warrant a finding that the applicant was in
                        an unlawful status prior to January 1, 1982; or
                        [2] Violated the terms of their nonimmigrant visas prior to January 1, 1982
                        and whose violations were required to be made known to the INS pursuant
                        to then existing regulations, but who are unable pursuant to 8 C.F.R.
                        §245a.1(d) and §245a.2(d) to establish to the satisfaction of the INS for
                        purposes of legalization eligibility that such violations were made known to
                        INS because INS either destroyed such records or failed to store or
                        otherwise record such information in the official Service alien file; or
                        [3] After January 1, 1982 continuously maintained an unlawful residence in
                        the United States and who, after January 1, 1982 applied for and unlawfully
                        received a reinstatement to nonimmigrant status, change of nonimmigrant
                        status pursuant to INA §248, adjustment of status pursuant to INA §245, or
                        some other immigration benefit from INS, or the Department of State.

There is also language in the settlement that Defendent (USCIS) will not deport someone until they disprove a plaintiff's case. I haven't heard deportation language before. And the plaintiff's attorney's seem to be ok with it.

This is indeed troublesome for me at least.

Anyone has any other insight?

Comment

As per BCIS, it is not free.
                          God is geat

Comment

Hi can any body help me please for the following information.

what is the difference between lulac and css.?

can any body please give me some information regarding lulac or css.?

where i can get the application to file and where exactly i will send it and what are the fee.
                            thank you so much

Comment

Try GOOGLE...
                              lulac
                              css
                              late amnesty

check--- centerforhumanrights.org

Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily