The law on suing posthumously?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The law on suing posthumously?

Can I sue someone posthumously? Does anybody know about this?

My translator (the one who screwed up the translation of that penal mandate), so I hear, died several years ago. I wonder now, whether I can press suit posthumously, because I would really like to do this.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Can I sue someone posthumously? Does anybody know about this?

My translator (the one who screwed up the translation of that penal mandate), so I hear, died several years ago. I wonder now, whether I can press suit posthumously, because I would really like to do this.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

the statute of limitations probably expired anyway

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
        the statute of limitations probably expired anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be, but translators have to carry insurance and if, like it happened in my case the mistake is discovered so long after, there might be a chance to go after the insurance.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
          the statute of limitations probably expired anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be, but translators have to carry insurance and if, like it happened in my case the mistake is discovered so long after, there might be a chance to go after the insurance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you dare use that tone with me. Having insurance does not extend SOL. Also doubtful if a translator would carry liability. Take your lumps and get over it already.

Comment

SOM, go bite me! I like that expression.

I'll get over it, but for now it irks me so.

I am in the process of hooking up with this hot-shot lawyer. He is known to be very agressive defender and has an excellent reputation in the law community. He came highly recommended for my issue, so I am going to see him soon.

Comment

Bite? I thought women liked
              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                Bite? I thought women liked </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I like to nibble sometimes.

Comment

Early warning Sytem set off!!

Did someone say nibble???? I Got nibblets!
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:

Did someone say nibble???? I Got nibblets! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MIR what the **** are nibblets? Do mean ******s/******ts! What is it with you an s.e.x? Are you carrying around a complexity of some sort?

S.e.x is great! Go look around everybody does it!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:

MIR what the h eck are nibblets? Do mean nip ples/nip plets! What is it with you an s.e.x? Are you carrying around a complexity of some sort?

S.e.x is great! Go look around everybody does it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

I think he means nuggets, the kind you get from McDs Koller
                        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                          Hm, this is interesting. Someone seems to have a new fetish. One can only imagine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say fetish, a "fetish" in English actually has a negative connotation. So, we have to clarify that my fetish is definately a positive fetish. And yes Davdah, to imagine is wonderful. Do it big, i.e, everything nice that comes to mind.

Comment

MIR what the **** are nibblets? Do mean ******s/******ts! What is it with you an s.e.x? Are you carrying around a complexity of some sort?

S.e.x is great! Go look around everybody does it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Second Alarm!!! Did someone Say S E X???? LOL. Complexity is??? what were we conversing about again???? Go figure sat. night. Pictures keep popping Into my head! Just do not Forget about me! I Am ***** Toad same as everyone else!! .
                            USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

A song for MIR

Comment

Working...
                              X