AOS INTERVIEW HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS INTERVIEW HELP

i have approved I-360 and got a AOS interview next month. just want to know what all documents should i take? do i have to take my husband along? as he doesnt know about it. any advice would be really appreciated. any one who has gone through AOS recently please help me out. i gathered lot of documents for I-360 so do i have to take all of them or just the approval letter from INS. any help and advice would be appreciated. thanks

i have approved I-360 and got a AOS interview next month. just want to know what all documents should i take? do i have to take my husband along? as he doesnt know about it. any advice would be really appreciated. any one who has gone through AOS recently please help me out. i gathered lot of documents for I-360 so do i have to take all of them or just the approval letter from INS. any help and advice would be appreciated. thanks

Comment

Do not take your husband or even think about telling him you have an AOS interview, its a self petition, just go by yourself and if possible take your attorney with you. Also you will need to take all the documents you submitted with the I-360 petition along with your unexpired passport. Good Luck

Comment

I think AOS interview is meant for both.If you don't take your husband with you they may reshedule or even deny your application.

Comment

..from what I've heard you better take your husband or all that time spent gathering info, money and time will all be a waste. I realize that on this site u have to double check what you read..scary...

Comment

I think you r right Will_. I've no idea why LostinNJ is aggreeing with crimsonlove not even telling the husband. I think she (LostinNJ) got her card in a fradulant way too like crimsonlove is trying to get.

Comment

Crimsonlove, i'm offering you a good test, I can guarantee you if you can pass my test you will pass USCIS.I'm not saying you r visa cheat.
              just trying to make you prepared better before you face immigration.

Waiting for your reply.

Comment

y14gemini, bluebrightsky and Will_, do you know what is form I-360 for?
                If crimsonlove selfpetitioned as battered spouse, she is not expected to inform husband about that and/or bring to the interview.

Comment

aneri, she didn't mention she is the battered spouse or she petiotioned for herself.

How u r so sure of this?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluebrightsky:
                    aneri, she didn't mention she is the battered spouse or she petiotioned for herself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    In the first sentence she says: "I have approved I-360" and that's why I asked you guys if you know what that usualy means?

For "normal" AOS (where you need your spouse at the interview if it is marriage based) form is I-485.

Comment

If you are self petitioning then you need to be divorced first so the issue does not arise.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theone:
                        If you are self petitioning then you need to be divorced first so the issue does not arise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        I-360 Instructions

Self-Petitioning Battered or Abused Spouse or Child of a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident:

You may self-petition for immediate relative or family-sponsored immigrant classification if you:
                        1. Are now the spouse or child of an abusive U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

and

NOTE: Divorce or other legal termination of the marriage to the abuser after the self-petition is properly filed with USCIS will not be the sole basis for denial or revocation of an approved self-petition. If you remarry before you become a lawful permanent resident, however, your self-petition will be denied or the approval revoked."

Comment

aneri, as u can see the originator of this message never replied back after the first message. So pls stop guessing and refrain wasting your time on this.

Comment

no wonder she hasn't come back.

I chose what I do with my time and I try to post for the benefit of others as well, not just the OP, especially if wrong information is given or some way out of the line assumptions made.
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluebrightsky:
                            I've no idea why LostinNJ is aggreeing with crimsonlove not even telling the husband. I think she (LostinNJ) got her card in a fradulant way too like crimsonlove is trying to get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            Imagine a person lost in immigration process with an approved I-360 who reads 3 people saying that his/her spouse has to come to the AOS interview although that person is maybe in hidding from the spouse.

I don't think I was the one who was "guessing". Read some of the answers here and compare that with the requirements for I-360 based AOS.

Most of the time I chose not to respond to the posts that have nothing to do with the immigration... This is an exception that I don't do lightly... but that's it. Done and over with it.

Comment

hi friends!
                              i really appreciate your response. sorry if you thought that i ran off or hiding because i am cheating on INS. i am sorry to say that i am offended by the comments that i read here from few intillectual friends who doesnt even know what it is to be treated badly by the one you trust. i couldnt visit this forum after my first post because i dont have access to a computer. i cant go out of the house to a library where i access computer unless my husband is out of town.its not that we dont have computers at home, infact we have 4 of them but they dont let me use them. i came to this country legally marrying a PR after paying huge dowry(if you know what it means). unforturnately that wasnt sufficient for my inlaws so they want more from my parents and its then they started to torture me with all sorts of things. i have son who is 8 years who is born here and he is my only weakness. my husband has withdrawn my petition for green card and i never knew about it for almost 4 years. now that i dont have any status here, they keep threatening me saying they will take away my son from me. thats when i took this step of applying for I-360. friends! what i would request you all who advise others to be little sensitive. not every one is a cheat.many of us who come to this forum for advise have come to this country legally through the channels provided by this country. i am married for 13 years and came to this country leaving all my beloved one's behind,just trusting my husband. i havent seen my parents for the past 4 years. missed all my sisters & brothers marriages and missed my many family functions. i lived like a princess back home but here what i do is just work in the house from morning till night taking care of my inlaws and husband. i dont remember the last time me and my husband have gone for a movie togather or a dinner or shared the bed togather. its hurting to go back to say all this but wanted you all to understand that not all people cheat to get a status. there a few who are literally going through hell every day. if its not for my son, i would have committed suicide long time back. its just thought of leaving him alone that has let me face all these problems. i am sorry if i have made any one of you angry with my remarks but i really want to thank you all for all your nice inputs. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X