now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now what?

hello everybody, I married with a USC and we sent all the aplications on beginnings of july and I already had my biometrics appoiment. Now what we should do?? Are we going to recive any letter from immigrations? please tell us
    thanks

hello everybody, I married with a USC and we sent all the aplications on beginnings of july and I already had my biometrics appoiment. Now what we should do?? Are we going to recive any letter from immigrations? please tell us
    thanks

Comment

even if they already took my biometrics?

Comment

Yes, its now a waiting game for the next letter, "The Interview" I had my Bio's done on the 16th August, and havent heard anything yet, I know some people have got there interview scheduled for end of september and beginning of October, maybe we might be lucky with a mid October Interview.

Comment

uhmmm..... so, just wait.
          thank you!!

Comment

one more question. what is that Interview for??
            tahnks

Comment

If you came on a K1 or K3 you may not have Interview, I am not sure, I know I will have one, this is where you are interviewed and either approved or denied, cant help you too much with this as I havent been yet, but they ask you about your marraige etc.,

Comment

Just to echo what Jake and Davdah have said... from my experience also, the biometrics appointment tends to be rather early in the timeline. I think we waited another 9-10 mos. after that.

Regarding the interview, my wife wasn't asked anything as personal as what davdah mentioned (perhaps because I, as the USC spouse, was there with our then-infant child), but I would still anticipate a number of personal questions about the relationship and about your extended family. Some advice my wife and I had been given, FWIW (but not from a lawyer): Know all the names of your closest inlaws. :-)

For the most part, waiting is all you'll have to do, but there's at least one caveat: If you change your address while the I-485 is being processed, my understanding is that you may need to notify USCIS twice. For certain, you'll be required to file a form AR-11 ("Change of Address," no charge to file). And I think you might also have to notify separately the service center where you sent your I-485. Just FYI. --SJR

Comment

Thanks Davdah and Teletype, yes I have seen those questions, and the one you was on about Davdah, I told my husband about that, he said what will you say, I told him after I've gone bright red, I'll answer "you hang from the chandelier and shout geronimo!!!"

Comment

Hey snowwhite

did you send all of your AOS ( I-130, I485, I765..etc) with your NEW I-94 or you just send the AOS package along with your copies of your entry stamp.

I am actuall in the same boat as your, I lost my I-94 and send the form of I-102 ( I heard that it would take 4 months to get the I-94 record back if they found it)

can you pls advice me what did you do with your package
                    thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X