OPT Extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Extension

I recently graduated from college and got an OPT from July 05 to July 06.

I have been looking for a job since I graduated and have just recently been offered a job, starting in October 05, on a project in a fortune 500 company.

The nature of the project requires a one year commitment and since my OPT is expiring in May 06, I will not have enough time to complete the project.

Since I have not worked for three of my OPT months, is it possible to extend my OPT for three more months? If so, do I or my school apply for the extension?

I have searched uscis.gov for the law that deals with OPT extensions but I have not had any success. Can someone please provide me with a link to the law that approves such an extension?

Thanks!

I recently graduated from college and got an OPT from July 05 to July 06.

I have been looking for a job since I graduated and have just recently been offered a job, starting in October 05, on a project in a fortune 500 company.

The nature of the project requires a one year commitment and since my OPT is expiring in May 06, I will not have enough time to complete the project.

Since I have not worked for three of my OPT months, is it possible to extend my OPT for three more months? If so, do I or my school apply for the extension?

I have searched uscis.gov for the law that deals with OPT extensions but I have not had any success. Can someone please provide me with a link to the law that approves such an extension?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi!
      I suggest that you consult with the designated school officer (DSO) in your school. Each school that accepts international students have staff that helps international students in processing forms and documents related to immigration (BCIS). I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X