Uniting Families

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniting Families

I am a permanent resident .I have an unmarried 25 years old son living overseas. Does the law allow to bring him over to live with me in the US? What is the procedure? I recall the President was behind such an effort back in 2003.

I am a permanent resident .I have an unmarried 25 years old son living overseas. Does the law allow to bring him over to live with me in the US? What is the procedure? I recall the President was behind such an effort back in 2003.

Comment

yes, you may petition for your son. The first step is to file form I-130. Download the form from USCIS web-site and read the instructions.

There is a limited number of immigrant visas issued per year for unmarried son/daughter of PR, so it takes many years for the process.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3827.html

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bouree:
        I am a permanent resident .I have an unmarried 25 years old son living overseas. Does the law allow to bring him over to live with me in the US? What is the procedure? I recall the President was behind such an effort back in 2003. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it takes a very long time for a PR it would be shorter if you would be a citizen

Comment

Beside time, are there any bar on bringing someone's son over?

Comment

Bouree - I don't know what you mean by "bar" but if you mean who is ineligible for a visa - here is the link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineli...html#Ineligibilities

Good luck.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by martha3346:
              it takes a very long time for a PR it would be shorter if you would be a citizen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>unless the child is from Philippines

Comment

Working...
              X