Any thoughts? F1 doing AOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts? F1 doing AOS

Hi you all wonderful people here! Your knowledge on the following matter will help me clear some confusions that I have.

I am a GC holder. I have filed N-400 for naturalization. I am guessing my case number will be current in 4 monhts. I have been married for almost two years. My wife still has student visa (F1). She did not file Adjustment of Status after we got married as her International Student Advisor suggested that it's better to wait till I get naturalized, because it would take at least three years to complete AOS if filed then. Now the question is: Does she get a conditional GC or a permanent? We will be married for almost two and half years before she files AOS. We have been living happily together with our daughter.

Hi you all wonderful people here! Your knowledge on the following matter will help me clear some confusions that I have.

I am a GC holder. I have filed N-400 for naturalization. I am guessing my case number will be current in 4 monhts. I have been married for almost two years. My wife still has student visa (F1). She did not file Adjustment of Status after we got married as her International Student Advisor suggested that it's better to wait till I get naturalized, because it would take at least three years to complete AOS if filed then. Now the question is: Does she get a conditional GC or a permanent? We will be married for almost two and half years before she files AOS. We have been living happily together with our daughter.

Comment

Please share your thoughts. If you do not wish to type, please just post any links that you have that may answer my question.

Comment

since you have been married for more than two years! Your wife will get a permanent Green Card!

But I would also definitely suggest for you to file after you get naturalized!

Comment

Thanks Judy9334!

Comment

Working...
          X