Where to begin...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to begin...?

I know of this older lady who has citizenship and has lived here in the United States for a very long time. She has a son who is from Mexico but is here illegaly since the 1980's. The mother is getting up in age and needs her son to help her. My question is where does one begin to apply for any kind of status to be here legally.

I would like to help out... any input would greatly be appreciated.

I know of this older lady who has citizenship and has lived here in the United States for a very long time. She has a son who is from Mexico but is here illegaly since the 1980's. The mother is getting up in age and needs her son to help her. My question is where does one begin to apply for any kind of status to be here legally.

I would like to help out... any input would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

Is her son married to a US citizen? That would be one way for him to gain residency (but could still be quite a lengthy and difficult process).

Comment

US citizen parent can petition for son /daughter. But that takes years...

How did the son enter the USA? Has anybody ever filed any petition on his behalf before? Has he been in the USA the entire time since 80's?

Comment

Thanks for responding. The son is not married and he enter the USA illegally ( by which means i dont know ) . Where do they go to begin this process?

Comment

So, the mother is an American citizen, and her son has lived illegally in America since the 1980s...yet, he now needs legal status in order to help his mother?

You're kidding, right?

This seems like another one of those situations where the mother may have been able to legalize her son's status many years ago...but, it just wasn't important enough. In any event, the son will now be unable to remain in America and legalize his status. Maybe he'll discover a way where he can still help his mother. Of course, he'd do America a favor if he actually returned to Mexico, where he belongs.

Comment

Devildoll

No they're not kidding. They asked a question. You don't need to make your assumptions that maybe it wasn't that important enough. A favor that can be done is that you take your immigrant self out of America, that's the favor you'd do us.

Comment

With all do respect, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I dont have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is... you are quick to say GET OUT ( what ignorance ) if you belive that will happen.There are people born in the USA THAT REALLY NEED TO BE SOMEWHERE ELSE (an isolated island perhaps). I believe in doing what I can to help out. I have that freedom to do just that AND you have the freedom to express JUST dont waste important space on my section of the discussion board PLEASE--)

Your entitled to whatever you want to say BUT please dont waste important space on my section of the discussion board. PLEASE...

Comment

ncramos: Obviously, your definition of what's important, and what's not important, is different from mine. Furthermore...this is not your section of the discussion board.

Comment

Your right and I respect that so...

Comment

Comment

ncramos, you did not answer some important questions that may help us direct you where to look for a help for your friend. So briefly:

1. check if the son qualifys under 245(i)
                        2. check the history of mother's immigration journey. How it came to be that he wasn't included in her petition for residency?
                        3. cancellation of removal could be an option http://128.253.22.246/uscode/uscode0...9---b000-.html

It would be wise to consult an attorney. (shouldn't even try to do 3. without a good one)

Comment

ncramos,

If you want honest answers, please ask honest questions. Are YOU not in fact the Son, or the Mother??? It seem obvious to me by the way you respond to the answers. There is no need to hide, most people witting on this forum are illegal aliens looking for answers.

Next, tell us the real reason you (the Son) did not get legalized along with the Mother? Any criminal record? Also tell us how the Mother did it?? If the Son entered illegally, how did the Mother enter?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ncramos:

I would like to help out... any input would greatly be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            What needs ot be known is how the son entered the US. If he overstayed, it is possible for mother to petition for the son. If the son entered without inspection, then it cannot be done. First step is to find out how the son entered the US. Second step to follow Aneri's point #2 and #3.
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unique:
                              ncramos,

If you want honest answers, please ask honest questions. Are YOU not in fact the Son, or the Mother??? It seem obvious to me by the way you respond to the answers. There is no need to hide, most people witting on this forum are illegal aliens looking for answers.

Next, tell us the real reason you (the Son) did not get legalized along with the Mother? Any criminal record? Also tell us how the Mother did it?? If the Son entered illegally, how did the Mother enter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              I think this is one of the mother's sons. The other son, the illegal one, is what is being discussed. It is possible we are really dealing with an inheritance issue. The mother is coming up in years, probably making out her will or testamentary trust. Wants to make sure the illegal son has some inheritance and can remain in the country. Second son, the op, probably does not want that. Thinks the illegal son is taking his inheritance. This is a possiblity that one of the son's is asking the questions.
                              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
                              X