ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH COMPUTERS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH COMPUTERS?

OK please take a break from immigration stuff and help me out.

A friend used my PC in the past and I think they visited dirty sites. Now, my computer is a mess. The computer pulls up pages very slowly, has all these dirty pop ups, takes forever to open simple pages and always appears as if theres something being processed in the background.

Someone please advice me on what I need to do because it looks like that is some stuff that has come into my computer that is making ut not perform the way it used to.

Any help will be appreciated.

OK please take a break from immigration stuff and help me out.

A friend used my PC in the past and I think they visited dirty sites. Now, my computer is a mess. The computer pulls up pages very slowly, has all these dirty pop ups, takes forever to open simple pages and always appears as if theres something being processed in the background.

Someone please advice me on what I need to do because it looks like that is some stuff that has come into my computer that is making ut not perform the way it used to.

Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

OK, you probably have spyware on your PC, do this, go to start, click run, type in the box msconfig then click ok. a new box pops up and there's tabs on top, click on startup, then check all the boxes for the programs on the left and click disable all at the bottom of the window. Restart your PC, after a complete reboot, open up your browser and type in this URL: www.ad-aware.com, that's a spyware removal program site, it's free to download and it'll get rid of all those annoying things popping up in your PC and slowing it down, download the software, after you're done, open it and press the scan button after it's done scanning it'll tell you all the programs that's making your PC slow, check all the boxes next to those programs and click remove, that's it, just try to run this programs every now and then because spyware programs are generated automatically from different websites on the net not just the dirty ones.

Comment

Thanks a lot JC for the advice, and am trying it out, but when I click OK on MSCONFIG it says
        "Cannot find the file MSCONFIG or one of its components....

What shud I do?

FYI, you acn gimme your email address.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hey JD,

What kind of computer u r using ? is it brand name ? if it is then I know it would take lot of your time and u will lose data saved on computer ... but its better to save them on disk and run recovery disk ... or just install windows again .... Have a great evening. Pasha

Comment

what kind of windows you have?
            here is the solution.
            you can clean your computer in many ways , this is the one of the many ways.
            go to control panel and add remove program and see what program you didnot installed select the program and uninstall it.
            Reboot.
            OR
            Go to xblock.com and download xcleaner_free.exe file and run it, it will give you all the program and the cookies which creates these popups and you can delete it.
            Also You can go to your Browser, click on tools --> internet options --> and then delete cookies, and then delete files and clear history.
            It should solve your problem. if you write your OS then I will be able to suggest you how you can clean your system registry.
            Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Here's a real quick fix if you are using Win XP.

Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Here you can restore your settings to a date right before the problems started. Make sure you save any information you might want to keep.
              I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

Working...
              X