J-1 Visa Hardship Waivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-1 Visa Hardship Waivers

We applied for a waiver of the 2 year "go home" requirement of my husband's J-1 Visa, it's been nearly 4 years now and while we know that the USAID has recommended that our application be denied (we got a copy of the form they sent to the INS stating that we did have a hardship, but that our hardship did not out weigh that of the USAID program...) we have never heard from the INS. My husband's work permit renewals are now being denied... can we reapply for the waiver again? Anyone have any experience with this mess?

We applied for a waiver of the 2 year "go home" requirement of my husband's J-1 Visa, it's been nearly 4 years now and while we know that the USAID has recommended that our application be denied (we got a copy of the form they sent to the INS stating that we did have a hardship, but that our hardship did not out weigh that of the USAID program...) we have never heard from the INS. My husband's work permit renewals are now being denied... can we reapply for the waiver again? Anyone have any experience with this mess?

Comment

Have you seeked help from an immigration lawyer? Maybe working with a lawyer will help find your options. Good luck.

Comment

We've worked and consulted with lawyers for more than 5 years. Haven't found one yet that has won a J-1 waiver.... know any?

Comment

Sorry to hear of your case.With the present situation and the USAID letter attesting the denial, you have no choice but to go out for 2 years.

Comment

Comment

Try browsing www.shusterman.com and they have latest on the DOS J-1 waiver.Best of luck!

Comment

Lawyer are liars. Literally. They don't do anything at all....they do literally nothing. You can just as well fill out the applications yourself and save the legal fees that these liars charge you. Lawyers in the U.S. are instruments of the government, part of an oppressive system that squezes people up.

Comment

Working...
                X